Agnostic.com

14 13

16 yrs ago today I quit smoking so every Superbowl It's celebration time. Haven't had a relapse and the first two years, I saved up all the cig money and bought myself something special as a gift and reward to me for doing it. So glad I did too.. and will NEVER date a smoker..that's another deal breaker right up there with being a bible thumper. Any others out there celebrating good things in their life today?

mistymoon77 9 Feb 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not celebrating today, yet gave up tobacco three years ten months ago, after 44 years, so very happy to see your success! Well Done!

Yes I celebrated the end of nurfboy Brady mythology and sang FLY LIKE AN EAGLE TO THE SEA Steve Miller

Congratulations on 16 years. I'm on 2 months and 16 days tobacco-free.

I quit 8 or 9 years ago and do not regret it

Good for you!

gater Level 7 Feb 4, 2018

Congratulations for fighting against that addiction! Sending electronic hugs.

Way to go. Glad you saw the light.

Well done - you're saving your own life !

Good for you, i quit in 95...

Great! I quit too. What a waste of health and money.

jeffy Level 7 Feb 4, 2018

I know right.. I think back to all the money that literally went up in smoke, but I am wiser and healthier now.

You deserve it. Quitting smoking is hard. I smoked for over 40 years and quit 22 years ago.

I'm celebrating what would have been my mother's 99th birthday. She made it to 96, though the last year or so wasn't pretty--dementia. I think I'll watch a fire in the woodstove instead of the Super Bowl, though. BTW, I don't smoke, and good on you for quitting!

Congrats on your anniversary of deciding to prolong your life. I said no more tobacco smokers as a leukemia survivor and currently have met one. Not planned-we'll see what happens.

Thanks... yes it was a struggle on and off the 1st couple times I quit but I knew this last time around.. that was it. Never again.

Congratulations! What did you give yourself?

I bought tires for my Camaro the first time around. Then after that, I saved up to do some special camping.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21028
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.