Agnostic.com

23 2

When you have good and bad news, which one do you prefer to share first?

I’m obsessed with just saving the best for last hahaha!!!

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Whichever provides for the greatest dramatic irony.

Bad news first-then good news

Either way..Which ever I consider more important at the time.

Give me the bad news first and get it over with. Suspense is only good for fiction.

Me too.

I prefer to give the bad news first and then hopefully end the conversation on a positive note.

Whichever is less important.

I do the same usually but it depends on who I am sharing that information with and how I get along with that person and how close we are. Some friends I just share only the good news if there is any because they honestly could care less about anything that really matters in my life and don't have time to hear anything else. Others I do open up to with good and bad because they give me input and feedback which is nice.

I only share the bad news and keep the good news all for myself

Give the bad then use the good to buffer the animosity.

Whichever one is the bigger news.

I ask..........

Usually the good news first. That way if they need my assistance I can focus on that. With some people it gives me time to savor the moment. I'm working on the second part.

I figure the bad news is usually going to dominate the news share, so I typically tell the good news first. Saving the good news for last rarely softens the bad news, but usually diminishes the impact of the good news. I figure the good news should go first so the receiver of the news can enjoy it before the bad news comes to light.

Bad first.

Bad news, because I hate surprises and that's what I would probably want to hear first.

Good stuff last

Bring it on... it's just a thing...lol

I leave the choice to the listeners.

Bad news first. However, my idea of bad news is often different than other’s.

depends on the news

I allow the recipient to exercise "free will" and choose which one to hear first.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21285
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.