Agnostic.com

61 13

Who else loves British comedy ??? I rewatched coupling recently. I just found black books and spaced gatherings. Any other British comedy you love? Ohh red dwarf! I haven't watched that in ages though.

Holyhellkel 6 Feb 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

61 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Monty Python's Flying Circus. Often imitated, never duplicated.

The Young Ones, Monty Python and Are You Being Served were watched extensively while under the influence of various mind altering substances back when I was in college. I especially miss The Young Ones. God I loved that show.

Are you being served! Oh so good. I want to be her when I'm old

I loved The Young Ones! I was trying to explain that show to someone last week.

One does not simply "explain" The Young Ones. They go to You Tube and play an episode of the show, and the recipient will either get it or they won't.

Oooh!!! Almost forgot about Fawlty Towers. I love John Cleese!

Monty python. "I fart in your general direction!"

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Monty Python, especially Life of Brian, arguably the most under rated/under appreciated movie of all time.

I love British Comedy. Benny Hill is one I can think of and the man everything seems to create a crisis, Mr. Bean. I think he is hilarious.

Has anyone said "The Young Ones?"

I admit to being a big fan of Red Dwarf. It was on our PBS station many years ago. I also like Hitchhiker's Guide To The Universe.

JK666 Level 7 Feb 5, 2018

I used to love watching Benny Hill and Mr. Bean.

is it true that they still show benny hill on American tv? its not been shown in uk since the mid eighties!

@Gingerfrizz I haven't seen them on TV for a while now. Early 2000's was the last time that I saw them on TV in the U.S.

Love British comedy. I remember discovering Monty Python on PBS when I was at University and have loved it ever since. I recently discovered my library has DVDs of Red Dwarf. It isn't any less dumb now than it was back then. I loved it.

Faulty Towers besides MPFC of course. I thought CrazyHead, on Netflix was pretty good.

Father Ted.

By far and away the best non-religious religious comedy programme ever.

Agreed! Father Ted is hysterical! It's by the creator of The IT Crowd, which is also great.

'Waiting for God" is a favorite of mine.

Black Adder!

never liked coupling, something about people who are obsessed with pairing up

I watched one episode of black addler. It was ok but I'll need to try more later.

Coupling is one of my favorite shows. There are so many funny parts.

Love Black Adder too.

Coupling was good, but Outnumbered was funnier. They haven't come back with a new season yet, though. @Holyhellkel

Red Dwarf was a favorite . I was watching a newer program about Death or possibly Murder in Paradise , when I suddenly realized one of the officers , was the cat from Red Dwarf .

The IT Crowd is hilarious. Oh, and Doc Martin.

Tipsy Level 2 Feb 5, 2018

I watched enough Top Gear as a child to adopt British slang.

The Thin Blue Line, I am right now in the middle of watching the entire Red Dwarf series again, Death In Paradise, haven't started on season 7 yet, not sure about the new guy. Young Ones, Bad News, Bottom....just to name a few...

The Mighty Boosh!!!!

Do any you Yanks form over the pond like DARK humour?

If so you will like 'The LEAGUE of Gentlemen' very dark and very warped buwahahha1

OCD household

Aqua Vita😀

You wouldn't want to take your pet to this vet😛
mR CHINNERY VIDEOS😛

Kez Parody

don't have a funeral here😀

Or if you like your comedy more slapstick you can have HALE and pace and Yorkshire Airlines (note the Yorkshire jokes may not translate well for folks over the pond)

Yorkshire Airlines

Accurate portrayal of us Yorkshire men😀

How we Yorkshire folk dance😛

The office. Bottom, taskmaster, 8 out of 10 cats does countdown, extras, the ricky gervais show (xfm), An idiot abroad. the 2 ronnies, Jimmy Carr, tim vine

OMG 8 out 10 cats does countdown is one of my favorite things ever. Love Jimmy Carr (regular 8 out of 10 cats and Countdown are pretty cool too and I love Quite Interesting)

I love British late night shows like The Russel Howard Hour, and 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown.

I assume you already went through all the required Monty Python?

Yes. Though I don't think I finished flying circus

My faves have been listed, as a kid it was the Carry on team, and the Doctor at large series. No offense guys, but I find American humour lacking, the British seem to have it sown up. Three Stooges versus Monty Python, though I have to Admit Martin and Lewis, Abbot and Costello were pretty good.

Chef!, The Vicar of Dibley, Absolutely Fabulous, Keeping up Appearances, My Hero and of course Monty Python and Fawlty Towers.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21364
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.