Agnostic.com

6 1

If you were once a believer what do you think is the most vulnerable 'weak spot' religion has which ought to be concentrated on to rid society of it's delusions

Don't just say 'It's ridiculous' or words to that effect. Most people who still take it seriously don't see what you see so from a practical perspective how can humanity break the spell in practical terms? Obviously child indoctrination is one thing we ought to stop but I'm speaking of day to day ways of showing adults they ought to reconsider their opinions. What freed you & could free other minds too? Please be very explicit.

Paul 5 Oct 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hmm, it is ridiculous and that is it's weak spot. It is lies dressed up like truth, the only way to debunk it is by ridicule, by showing the truth, the contradictions, the stealing of older pagan religions, how many 'messiahs' were there BC. etc. That's what freed me. I also think comedy is a very good tool.

If a benevolent god created all living things, and loved his creation so much, then why must we kill and feed on other living things (god's creatures) to survive? Why would a loving god want to see his creation suffer so much? Also, if god created Adam, and took his rib to create Eve then that makes them fraternal twins, hence, all of humanity is in-bred.

I think the weakest points are the documentation that shows that most stories of hte Bible, both old and new testament, originated in older religions, showing that they are just stories and not actual facts.

I am with Silvereyes on this one. Education is the only real solution to the problem of religion, it might not rid the world of it but, those remaining will be able to put their delusions in perspective with the real world.

The fact that member in positions of leadership are guilty of crimes. The fact that many religions have enormous wealth and there are still so many poor people. The fact that there isn't a predominance of good works. The fact that what they teach is suppressive, repressive, negative, and most of all untrue.

SamL Level 7 Oct 24, 2017

The extremes believers will go to, in thinking and action, in order to preserve and promote Christianity. Christianity is a religion of black and white, in-group/out-group thinking: you're either for or against them - "whoever is not against us is for us, and whoever is not for us is against us." This also applies to the believers themselves. You are expected to meet standards that are unrealistic or damaging.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2143
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.