Agnostic.com

9 1

QUESTION ENGLAND: Teacher Fired For Telling Lesbian Student 'God Loves You' | Daily Wire

This is how far humanity have reached. Was this a revenge case against the atheist?

Humanlove 7 Feb 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

She was fired because she caused a big altercation in her class and got into a shouting match with a student which required administrative intervention, among other things. Her religious beliefs played no role in her firing. Another case of "OMG Christians being persecuted!" that actually was nothing of the sort. You won't read that on the Christian apologist "news" sites though.

That happens every day here in Florida, I hate it so much here. Prayers at government meetings for goodness sakes!

What was he supposed to do when asked about his beliefs, lie?

As a Humanist I think we should be tolerant of other people's beliefs or non-beliefs.
I have Christian friends who tolerate my beliefs and I tolerate theirs. We discuss our differences amicably.
I think this teacher should certainly have been counselled and possibly disciplined - but should never have been dismissed

Exu1 Level 1 Feb 7, 2018

Funny, but I have struggled to find any actual news of this. The only 'news' seems to be from christian sites like in your link. I don't know why you are promoting pro-christian propaganda here. I think I will file this one with the DTrump tweets 😉

Good Observation and Better Reply.

Well, just reading this and not knowing all the details, I say it is OK for the teacher to say what she said. I think it is important to be open-minded and respectful of other people's beliefs. If I was a lesbian I wouldn't like someone saying that to me. However, if one is strong in their beliefs it doesn't matter what other people say. footnote: might be a good way to get a bad teacher fired.

Well it's a lot better than telling her "god hates fags". (IMHO)

But god also do hate fags... he is almighty after all.

@GipsyOfNewSpain At least according to some stories written in some books.

@jlynn37 Filed under History.... truths and lies plus the made up at a moment's notice.

I agree she should be fired, The child was asking about homosexuality and the teacher , out of nowhere says God loves you,, implying that god law is right, If the teacher said Allah loves you, they would be pissing a religious storm on the other side.
everyone needs to just shut the hell up about their god stuff. Live it like you are told to do so, with humility , not spite

EMC2 Level 8 Feb 6, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21597
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.