Agnostic.com

7 0

Evolution vs. Creationism.

What about...

How do you feel about this?

HeyHiHullo 7 Feb 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Creationism is still nothing but a huge load of bullshit.

You got that right!

What are your thoughts on the video?

@HeyHiHullo It had a lot of interesting information. I'm not convinced, however. I'll believe it if I see it. Beyond that, it's just someone else's theories.

@KKGator very plausable theories, unlike being fed creationism or evolution from primates.
Especially losing 2 chromosomes in the dna and becoming far superior.

@HeyHiHullo I'll be honest with you. I don't spend much time thinking about all of it. I doubt much will be resolved in my lifetime, and frankly, I'm not all that interested in any of it. I'm not trying to be snarky, or dismissive of your interests. I just tend to lose interest when it comes to aliens. If they show up, I'll be just as interested as the next person to see what they want, and what they'll do. Until then, I'm just kind of 'meh' about it.

@HeyHiHullo A quick Google search on the subject would have answered that question for you. There's plenty of research that shows how chromosomes can be "lost". And certainly more evidence for that than aliens (if that's actually the point of that video I couldn't make it 5 minutes in to.)

Oh...more ancient aliens bullcrap. I remember Joe Rogan talking about this very video and I wasn't sure if he bought into it or not, but it's just a lot of bogus unsubstantiated nonsense. A lot of what is said is flat out wrong, made up, or poorly researched. I mean, first two minutes in and the guy says evolution is some hotly debated topic in the scientific community where its merit is questioned...like what?

Oh yeah I see you mentioned something about chromosomes in the thread. Number of chromosomes has nothing to do with how advanced and sophisticated an organism is. There are vegetables with more chromosomes than us, it's just how DNA gets paired up, and sometimes chromosomes will fuse or split over time because of copying errors and other factors.

Thanks for your post, I was already leery when I saw the "aliens" tag, I just don't buy into it for any of the "conspiracies" they get roped in to solve. At least I can save my hour & a half it would take to slog thru this. ( I get confused on what Joe Rogan actually believes sometimes, too. Tho he did do a podcast on Flat Earthers that was hilarious!)

Even the nuns in Catholic Schools taught us both Creatiionism.,..part of religion and then science. We needed science so we could get to college.

There is overwhelming evidence that supports evolution. It's not just some theory made up by scientists. There are many thousands of fossils that have been found that show a clear evolutionary chain from homo sapiens back to our very primitive ancestors.

Though it's within the realm of plausibility that extra-terrestrial intelligence played some part in the origins of life on Earth it seems unlikely that this is the explanation. But ancient writing are not evidence of alien life no more than they are that gods are real.

Also, the Great Flood did not happen. There are civilizations that currently exist that have written records spanning back 5000 years which make no mention that they were wiped out by a flood. That's something that someone probably would have mentioned.

I read Zechariah Sitchin. This seems like the same nonsense that he purports. The problem is that he, like Erich von Daniken, took events that were described in the bible and attempted to explain them in the context of an extraterrestrial occupation of earth and a chain of events that unfolded from that.
The first problem is that the events they based their theories on were never proven to have occurred. From there the whole story, gets more and more absurd and never presents any credible evidence for anything.

JimG Level 8 Feb 6, 2018

6 minutes into it and he has yet to say a non-trivial thing. That is, for me, a red flag warning: He is planning to use the truth to tell a lie.

I've watched a few of these videos they are a little interesting. There are many cultures that seem to have similar pasts. As for there being life in the universe besides us I just can't believe that with all there is visible with the naked eye that there isn't something else out there. With the billions of stars there has to be other planets that sustain life not like us maybe but we can't be the only living thing with all those stars and planets.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21667
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.