Agnostic.com

2 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That seems like a good thing--that they care enough to be stressed about it. I think it's really motivated a lot of them to get involved.

Carin Level 8 Nov 7, 2018

That's because dinosaurs, that should be extinct, are still trying to tell us how to live. The younger generation will take over, inevitably, and when that happens... life will be better for the whole world.

The baby-boomer generation is the most selfish, immature, and greedy generation alive today. They dropped out of society to dropped acid, smoke pot, and fuck in the 60s, then went on to create disco and snort mountains of coke up their nose in the 70s. Irresponsible sexually, then decided they wanted to be rich and ran the economy, country, and environment into the ground. Their parents came back from WWII and spoiled them to the point they have no inkling of responsibility or welfare for future generations....it's always been about them and what they wanted now, and couldn't give two shits less about the legacy left for their children or grandchildren.

@Wellspring Doesn't matter, just making a point.Gen X are also in their prime,and are thinking about their futures as well as their kids futures.

@Wellspring might i add...in a progressive manner.

@Wellspring you are one person.Voices can be heard for miles.Just listen.

@Wellspring you're also a conservative Republican, I wouldn't expect you to know what I'm talking about.

@jondspen That is really a horrible generalization. Do you also think you conform to the labels people put on your generation? I'm not all like that nasty caricature you made up, & neither are other boomers I know. They are hardworking, conscientious citizens & parents.

@Wellspring from your other comments tonight, you're looking like a Christian troll. Just saying...

@Carin you've never met my parents then. Lol

@Carin It is a horrible generalization, and while it wasn't my thoughts (I essentially paraphrased a documentary)...it doesn't mean it isn't true. And hey, if the feminist can get on here and say men are misogynestic and promote a rape culture...why can't I say that the BBGen is (as a group) extremely selfish? Hell, I can actually make an argument with historical facts that will support my claim at least! The first three google links when searching for "baby boomer generation is most selfish" does a much better job laying out the case against the group as a whole.

As far as your question "Do you also think you conform to the labels people put on your generation?"- in some ways yes I personally do, but do I adhere to every single one of them, no. People are individuals, but people also adopt the traits of their peers and culture - not all of them, and not to the same extent, but they do...if nothing more than to conform and integrate into the group they find themselves a part of. I'm not saying every generalizations apply to all people withing the group equally, regardless of race, sex, intelligence, education, etc etc etc., but I will agree my generation has character deficits that can be generalized on the whole, just as my daughters generation generally exhibit certain traits.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:217541
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.