Agnostic.com

10 4

Mother Jones is pleased with the election results. I am still a grumpypants. What say you?

• 2 votes
  • 12 votes
UrsiMajor 8 Nov 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Im not that thrilled..

Ok, they are saying the blue wave of democratic governors is under-reported...

Neither of the above.

Impeachment (and follow through) won't happen. We don't have the congressional votes.

I feel similar to what I felt two years ago. The emotional hangover and anger is just not as bad as it was then.

Mueller has his tax returns. That information should help convince some of the cult members that he is a con artist.

Mostly I am sad about Beto, Gillum and Abrams.

There are still reasons for hope. We did make some headway.

We have about 18 months to really get it together and get the information out about WHY voting matters, and why who we elect matters.

I've talked to several young people who just don't get the correlation between voting, who is elected, and how it affects their own lives, or how it could or will affect their lives in the future.

Ttump will be re-elected in 2020, and then impeached right before he tries to go for a third term (which, he will try to find a way to change the law on that).

The election was a very important step in the right direction. But the fight is far from over. Make yourself ready for 2020.

Dietl Level 7 Nov 7, 2018

I think if their only push is to impeach 45 then they will be in big trouble in 2 years. They need to work on strengthening their position and see what happens with the Russia investigation.

Pelosi is not well liked on both sides and it’s time to go.

Ted Cruz is still in the Senate. Who can be happy about that?

I was shocked at that. He doesn't deserve the position. I cannot believe so many people voted for the imbecile when they had an awesome option.

The vote is close - I think. Wonder if there will be a recount.

well, i cannot vote because there is no option for having mixed feelings. of course not enough will be done, not immediately, to guarantee an eventual impeachment. however, it is most certainly not business as usual either. we can really block a LOT of bad legislation. all budgetary bills must originate in the house; we simply will not write any tax cut bills. we may even write some that reverse some damage, but the senate will not likely pass any of that and trump wouldn't sign it if they did. however, all the house committees will now be headed by democrats. waters will surely subpoena trump's tax records. other actions and investigations will be undertaken. bad legislation will not make it to the floor; the senate's bad legislation will not pass the house. there is more, but i think this is enough to show that it's not business as usual!

g

All said, I agree with your assessment. Maybe my biggest real gripe however, is that SCOTUS picks go through the Senate. The long term implications of that scare me.

I updated the poll to clarify - Trump will be impeached or he won't. Thanks.

@ghettophilosopher yes, that is the worst part, and the cabinet appointments too. but we cannot call it a total wash. it's progress. we have a lot of work to do!

g

I am still a grumpypants but not because of the results exactly. The Democrats need to get their shit together. They/we complain about not having the kahunas to stand up to the repubs, not fighting back and we are already saying we need to pull Nancy Pelosi... wth! Is she perfect? No but she has the balls to fight them & she is smart. Perfect, no - been in the game & smart, yes!
We need to circle up. Decide on a game plan which takes in ALL aspects of the party. Then we need to fight fire with fire. Quit jumping on every anti-tRump bandwagon - pick a couple (say Mueller & his taxes) go after that. Unless he does something that will take us to war leave him the f*** alone. He will destroy himself if we ignore him. Then we need to stick to OUR agenda. We must take what is most important Medicare, healthcare, daca, workers pay, college and fight for those ideals! We must quit being a part of the circus that republicans are making of us & our country!

you are exactly right....he is only in this for his ego and his wallet. The harder the dems push, the more he uses his "poor victim" status to create an even bigger base for himself. We need to be careful not to feed right into what he wants....or we'll be dealing with an executive order that says he can be president for life. Never mind that he can't do it - he's become very adept at doing all the things that we know he can't do - and if his base continues to grow we'll never be rid of this cancer.

The link you shared does not work?

I even copied and pasted it to my browser, still nothing.

@SleeplessInTexas fixed thx

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:217632
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.