Agnostic.com

4 1

Did you know that the US government planned to stage an attack on the US soil and civilians to justify waging war against Cuba?

I recently stumbled upon a declassified document named "Operation Northwoods" that details a proposed plan in 1962 by the US Department of Defense to commit acts of terrorism against American civilians and military bases to make it appear as though they had been carried out by Cuba, thus drawing public support for military intervention in Cuba. Among such proposed plans were:

1- Use of drone (unmanned) aircraft to simulate air-related catastrophes
"An aircraft at Eglin AFB would be painted and numbered as an exact duplicate for a civil registered aircraft belonging to a CIA proprietary organization in the Miami area. At a designated time the duplicate would be substituted for the actual civil aircraft and would be loaded with the selected passengers, all boarded under carefully prepared aliases. The actual registered aircraft would be converted to a drone."

2- Staging “hijacking attempts” of civilian vessels
"Hijacking attempts against civil air and surface craft should appear to continue as harassing measures condoned by the government of Cuba"

3- Creation of “terror campaigns” inside the U.S. with legitimate victims
"We could develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington.

The terror campaign could be pointed at refugees seeking haven in the United States. We could sink a boatload of Cubans en route to Florida (real or simulated). We could foster attempts on lives of Cuban refugees in the United States even to the extent of wounding in instances to be widely publicized. Exploding a few plastic bombs in carefully chosen spots, the arrest of Cuban agents and the release of prepared documents substantiating Cuban involvement, also would be helpful in projecting the idea of an irresponsible government"

4- Staging fires and mortar attacks on U.S. military bases to cause actual damage to installations and potentially personnel

• Blow up ammunition inside the base; start fires.
  • Burn aircraft on air base (sabotage).
  • Lob mortar shells from outside of base into base. Some damage to installations

The list goes on and on! Doesn't anyone find this astonishing?!

Here's the original declassified document:
[nsarchive2.gwu.edu]

Wikipedia:
[en.wikipedia.org]

Darius77 6 Nov 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Many military scenarios are developed (as exercises) for which there never was any actual intent or desire to follow through on. They are ketp classified more because they were never really a part of any real policiy and because brining them into the light of day will only sow confusion. There are also plans for invading Canada Mexico and other countries around the world. There is also a plan about what to do if California decides to leave the union. My personal favorite is the plan for how to go about collecting taxes in the aftermath of a global nuclear war.

There is no real intent o follow through on these plans (whihc are only exercises and thought experiments), but the exercises are done as a means to spot strategist talent and original and unique thinkers for possible actual missions and policies that the U.S. will/may actually carry out.

When people do find out about one of the more seemingly ludicrous or outrageous ones, it doe provide a lto of fodder for the conspiracy theorists. Especially the scenarios about preparign for an attach from outer space aliens.

I understand where you're coming from, but this was approved by Lyman Lemnitzer, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, only to be rejected by Kennedy himself.

[abcnews.go.com]

@powder Yes, I am aware of flase flag events. Tha is why we need better transparency in government,and a free press.

Face palm synchronized with rolling eyes and thunderous and voluptuous crazy laugh

Just another damnably false conspiracy hoax. These days, fake news comes from all sides -- Trump. Fox News, Russia, Iran.

So, just because I happen to be from Iran this is a conspiracy hoax? Even though, I provided the link to the original document? Great logic!

Yes, and it was never implemented because it was beyond ridiculous. And it didn't involve the cold blooded murder of thousands of Americans. It's generally brought up by 9/11 Truthers to give a faux sense of versimulatude to their preposterous (and evidence free) theories about 9\11.

@Druvius
Don't you think the fact that the US Department of Defense was "willing" to do so is a more important matter? I realize this was never materialized, but I can't ignore the fact that this was put on Kennedy's desk as a viable plan to invade another country.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:217717
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.