Agnostic.com

4 5

LINK Megan Hunt, a Progressive Atheist, Just Won a Seat in Nebraska’s Legislature | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

I know it will take a long time, and baby steps at that.
But this sort of thing give me a bit of hope for the future.

TristanNuvo 8 Nov 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dangit, sorry I just posted a thread about her. Didn't mean to duplicate!

No worries, I think this story is worthy of repeating anyway IMHO.

I only hope that she watches her back very carefully because Australia had a Publicly Declared Atheist Prime Minister not so long ago, BUT those Poor, ever Threatened and Persecuted Theists in both her own Party and the Opposition Party soon banded together and verbally stabbed her in the back finally getting rid of her.

@irascible well perhaps that day may come around soon since.
We have Penny Wong, a Lesbian and of Asian extraction in Parliament plus a few Openly Gay Ministers on both sides of the floor as well.

Baby steps is better than nothing....

good news.

There have been many atheists in congress over the years, but none of them have been public about it. Nice to have a public atheist in congress

I honestly believe there have been far more Atheists seated in all branches, but Won't 'come out' because they usually just won't get elected.

That's what I meant about baby steps, I'm sure that they will dealing with the GOP up their ass the whole time in office.
But I do think, albeit just an opinion, what those that have so to speak "came out", are paving the path for others to do the same.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:217941
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.