Agnostic.com

6 0

Mass shootings

How do we solve the problem of mass shootings in America?

Diogenes1972 6 Nov 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I realise some of you guys across the pond are very attached to the 2nd ammendment and i don't mean to offend, but having just watched the father of murdured Cody Coffman sob uncontrollably in front of the press, i care very little...

If you think guns are not the problem you are a fool and all arguments to the contrary are BS.

Millennia of weapon advancement have culminated in the gun being the most effective handheld killing device ever known!

Had the former marine entered the bar with a knife last night, at worst a couple of people would have been killed before he was stopped. The GUN is the force multiplier.

No matter how hard you try, you can never irradicate mental health issues completely but you can stop selling guns.

12,000 people killed with firearms in the states so far this year, including 3000 under the age of 18. Not to mention the additional 22,000 firearm suicides.

I have a lot of love for your country but it is time to wake up America.

With sensible gun control and a ban on all assault weapons. Guns tht have no other real purpose in desihn other than to kill humans are the only such thing specifically designed to kill humans which is not adequately regulated. That is just stupid.

Many martial arts weapons, such as throwing stars and nun-chucks are illegal. They are less lethal than guns, but shoudl be protected by the second amendment too, but we just don't allow it.

@KissedbySun Exactly! Brass knuckles are nto designed to hill people, but rather just to do a lot of damage, but the weapon that is designed to kill is legal.

Get rid of gun free zones, legalized constitutional carry. They don't like it when people might shoot back. When is the last time you heard about a mass shooting at a police station?

1. Remove money from politics.
  2. NRA has no impact
  3. Constituents that overwhelmingly support gun control would be back in control of their legislators.

Stop talking to idiots that claim gun violence has nothing to do with guns

By stop supporting the NRA and gun industries. Easier said than done and often takes real action in not supporting those that support those groups. Don't vote for legislators that are in bed with those groups and look at your investments and try to remove any that have money tied up with those groups. Also, donate to and vote for any gun control advocates and groups. It takes action not wishful thinking. Oh, it IS about guns. Research has shown that the possession of a gun transforms people's view of themselves and the world around them. It can and does actually change how people think.

@Veteran229 That is not what the studies show. A woman with a gun is no more safe and in fact maybe less so than a woman with a can of mace. I have heard all the pro-gun arguments and found all of them lacking in merit. Also, witness all the other more civilized countries that have a pittance of the violence we do and have no insane policies toward gun ownership.

Better health care. Stop marginalizing the poor and disenfranchised. Happy people do not seek out a weapon to kill others.

Common sense guns laws do work, the bigger issue is mental health and the level of hate in this country. Until the constant barrage of anger at minorities, the poor and women stops we will have frightened angry white men shooting up the perceived root of their problem.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:218454
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.