Agnostic.com

17 4

Anyone love their pets more than their extended family?

Marine 8 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Without any doubt, my kids and my pets my youngest brother and his family, any family beyond that are not important.

100% yes

Cute dogs!

Absolutely.Most dog lovers will answer yes.Unfortunately some dog owners think of their dog as an object and not a loving creature with feelings

Yes, I don't think I've ever called a pet an asshole. lol

my dogs are my family

Sad to say yes.

There are people in my family that I would miss less than my pets. My pets are not judgemental and are always happy to see me. Even my cats!

My ex complained that I loved my dog more than him. My reply was "I've had her longer"

Still had her after he was history.

My dog is the best person I know, family or not.

I've met very few dogs that I didn't instantly like more than I like most of my relatives.

^^This

Well of course! Why would you even ask? 😉

Absolutely yes!!! If everyone in my family plus my dog were about to die and I could only save one, I'd save my dog. She is the only one who has unconditional love for me and visa-versa.

I have no pets but there are these three chihuahuas that think that they have me, until I leave pronto.

With only one exception, my kid. There are a couple I'd let drown if I had to choose.

My dog has never once asked me for money.

Neither has mine. And she has never undermined or embarrassed me. Always happy to see me...

Mine has, but he's always paid me back.

Yes. I see my pets everyday they are always there for me. I hardly see my family and really don't know them well enough to be friends.
I look forward to having time off and binging on Netflix or Hulu on my bed with my dogs, that's the best! Or spending time outside with my horses when it's not winter in MN.
Socializing with people I don't know well is stressful. Working 2 jobs is stressful enough I'd rather find peace in my spare time.

From what I have observed, I think most pet owners do just that. I have stated in this forum, when I see a woman (or a man) with a dog, cat or most any pet in their photos, she will/would favor that pet over me any and every time. (IMHO)

Interesting observation. I'm gunna keep that in mind.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21887
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.