Agnostic.com

36 6

Dating "Types"

I've seen a lot of posts about people not being attractive to the people they are attracted to and vice versa.

So what is your "type" and what is the "type" you tend to attract?

Crimson67 8 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's in accordance to the individual. Many of us are raised on superficiality, that one is inferior to the other, that one is obligated to do this the other to do that despite the willpower and access to do almost everything universally. I grew out of superficiality years ago. I can not stand it when people feel the need to enhance themselves on my behalf with make-up ect. If its their own personal endeavor fine but if it's really just wow me, it's really not going to make a difference. I don't particularly care for body proportions either for the most part. Honestly right now, my "type" is not that compelling: one who does not ask for me to sacrifice my dignity, common sense and family for her like my soon-to-be-ex wife did for many years. That's going to be the first thing I look for primarily because I have not really gotten to experience it in years.

I've had so many different types of ladies in my life... I can't say there's a special type... it's chemistry...
Watch "Thomas Dolby- She Blinded Me With Science" on YouTube

When I get attracted to someone, it's most likely a woman. In general I love to see well-shaped woman, not too thik, not too bony. Well-shaped or beautiful is not everything though. Beauty is nothing to me without an attractive aura. Some women that are called beautiful give me the feeling of "fake" or "arrogant", etc., but most of the time I don't know why. I have the experience too that a woman that I at first determined as "fake" appeared to be a nice and warm person. So, the first attraction is just a feeling. For the rest, finding women to get befriended with, I guess its a game of chance to me. But most of the time I don't know why exactly I'm attracted. It has a lot to do with aura, posture, glance, openness, sincerity, etc. Nothing specific. I have been lucky and still am.

Gert Level 7 Feb 8, 2018

Photo is my last gf with her ex... she was perfect

Happy, creative, artistic, intelligent [not the same as educated] nice face, fit figure

I also dated a "Beverly Hills HS" cheerleader. Playmate material... fake boobs, fake emotions... not a good match, but popular in LA

I don't have a type, I just know what I don't like.

My type? Hmmm, lemme see...One that doesn't immediately kick me to the curb (at least gimme a couple weeks, c'mon). Someone who likes doing the things I like to do, and has interests I could get into? Someone with nice friends and family who could accept me? Someone who doesn't take it all so seriously? Definitely would have to be a dog lover (my dogs). Never had a violent felony. Hates drama as much as I do, yada, yada, yada.

What type do I tend to attract? The kind that leave, or make me want to leave. It's a real conundrum.

I demand "atheist and female" and prefer intelligent, and professional. What types do I tend to attract? on a scale of most often confronted: #1 guys from a distance approaching from the back that think I am a woman #2 guys that that think I'm gay (I do not actively pursue women) #3 theists females looking for a rich guy to take care of them and their pets or children. Needless to say, I live alone.

It's the old engineering riddle: Fast, cheap, long-lasting. Pick 2.

Except for us it's: atheist, female, smart, no kids, in my age bracket, likes me. Pick 3.

I've never understood how some people could lock themselves into a single set of physical characteristics and say, 'this, and nothing else'. I've seen a LOT of beautiful women in my life and none of them have had to fit a type for me to feel a flutter in my chest and a quickening of my breath and for me to think, 'Wow! She's pretty!'

As for who is attracted to me, I've never really noticed when people are attracted to me unless they're pretty overt about it (which most women aren't, sadly lol) so I've never noticed if there is a type. Usually, if i catch someone looking at me, i look away quickly because I figure they see something they don't like but can't look away from... like a bus wreck or that booger dangling from a nose hair that is dancing around with every breath you take. What? This shit keeps me up at night!

Anyway, there's my tuppence

My type is sensible sensual sweet to kiss and I never kiss those attracted to me in any other way

Dancers, dancers, dancers. Because all humans can be trained. If you can't... there is something wrong with you that I can not fix. You are missing the Gene I am looking for.

I like people who are similar to me.
That means people who love to dance, love the outdoors, are intelligent, love to read, love to travel, etc. I don't care if they are slightly religious as long as they are ambivalent about it. These qualities are usually found in mixed gender people.
Most femme girls and macho men aren't that way.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21951
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.