Agnostic.com

45 6

Trump Outcomes

What are some positives that you think can come from Trump's presidency? No matter how much of an asshat many of us think he is, is there anything to be gained by his being president?

Crimson67 8 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments (26 - 45)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It will hopefully make more people vote to avoid such a travesty next time. Unless of course the predator in chief does away with that and just stays put. But I think mostly he’s showing people that democracy here can be damaged and we are not immune to an authoritarian system. Also it showed me how incredibly racist our country really is, I knew there was racism, but holy crap it’s scary bad!

Irregularity

Trump will rest fix this country at a record pace. Tax cuts will lead to Business growth. Trump knows negotiating, this is where past presidents have failed. The Future of America is bright with Trump at the helm!

gater Level 7 Feb 7, 2018

@witchymom yes - for now - time will tell

Only if a wide swing to the left results from his having been the White House. If the 2018 elections flip the house and senate, as they should, impeachment proceedings for him and others like McConnell and Ryan may follow swiftly, and a reversal of all the evil that they have done. If it isn't done by 2019 than 2020 is our next hope.

@witchymom Let's just hope enough of the potential voters that have stayed home in the past will come out and vote against him. Look what happened in (AL? was it) with the stupid gun-swinging horse riding racist that Trump endorsed.

At some point I would hope that after Obummer and his "I have a phone and I have a pen," the disaster that was the Clinton campaign, the disaster that is the Trump presidency, and the absolute lack of much of anything good coming from the two major parties in recent memory, America will wake up and realize that the Democrats and Republican parties BOTH suck.

But ... I'm not going to bet my life savings on that . . . . .

The death of the 2 party system! When his supporters finally feel and see the truth, along with the other sides betrayal, we unite and support a real progressive party. Peace. People. Planet.

In the Netherlands the soccer legend Johan Cruyff stated once: "Every disadvantage has its advantage", and he is right, no Yin without Yang, no day without night, no mountains without valleys.
So, even an, in my eyes, despicable egoistic conceited individual, can make ditto decisions that eventually turn out right. Nobody can control the outcome of his actions completely. (Not even I can 😉)

Gert Level 7 Feb 8, 2018

To learn that revolution merely for the sake of change is not a good plan

Also, his will be the last election determined by Electoral College.

He has exposed the racism and misogynistic behavior which still exists in this country.

yes hopefully people will learn what voting a fucking idiot does for you.

Aside from mortally wounding the Repugnican Party, keeping Pence out of the Captain's Chair is noteworthy.

He is the first actual president since Reagan.

Your kidding right? you know Reagan caused the recession with just one executive order, was in office with Alzheimers, and was really more of a joke and a disaster than a president.

Just like the Jesus story, there's the real person you can try to determine, and there's the Jesus myth that Christians believe. Now, there's the real Reagan, as others here have described, recession, contra scandal and the rest, and there's the Reagan myth, that US Conservatives have carefully crafted over time and bears little relation to the facts. It's what people do; they create myths from bad history because it makes them feel better. @RobCampbell. @FortyTwo

@David1955 Well, I know your right. But no amount of 'mythology' isn't going to make me feel good about losing my job (and career at the time) and becoming homeless due to Reagan's policy making.

@RobCampbell oh there's nothing amusing about what these people do, the lives they affect, and the indifference these reactionaries show towards people not part of their "class". I hope you landed on your feet. I was working in the early 80s recession Reaganism induced. It affected Australia too. Wasn't a great time for me either. I think Trump is going to do the same, sadly.

That the system is rigged?

I've heard people say they don't care about politics bc it doesn't effect their lives. That was in the past. 30% of Americans can't name VP from last administration.

I've heard people say they don't care about politics bc it doesn't effect their lives. That was in the past. 30% of Americans can't name VP from last administration.

His candor... don't screw around with me attitude. We haven't heard much from north korea lately...

Helped the newspaper industry. At least WaPo and NYT.

I am ashamed of my fellow Americans for not showing respect for our president. Poor sheep that can't think for themselves.

gater Level 7 Feb 7, 2018

@witchymom Trump is not perfect, but he is fixing this country. He wants to keep out terrorists and illegals that kill innocent Americans, and for that he is labeled a racist. Its pathetic.

Corrupt Democrats may clean house and offshore trillions may increase good jobs for American poor

I pass for lack of my interest in the motherfucker.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21954
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.