Agnostic.com

13 3

Quite a range of attitudes regarding how to deal with religion on this site

Where would you draw the line? See poll. I'm going to assume that most of us fall into one of these categories but have added "other" as I may be completely wrong

• 1 vote
  • 4 votes
  • 54 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 1 vote
  • 4 votes
diabhal 7 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Separation of church and state. In theory it's enshrined in the US Constitution. In practice it should be the enforced law of the land everywhere. The only way to respect all beliefs is to leave belief out of government.

All laws in the world are based on the 10 commandments of Moses...of christian law ..with amendments for suitableness for change for the original changes...hence the need for lawyers who can make them up to suit you and your particular needs...x

I respectfully disagree. Have you really read the Ten Commandments?

Educate people and that will lead to less religious adherents.

At its best, religion should be as powerful as an earnest suggestion.

You missed one in your choice "Religion Should Be Tolerated But Have No Place In Government/Law." It should have included Education.

I appears we are on our way to a rather resounding consensus again.

Tax the churches, no matter what.

I voted Other because even though I believe religion has no place in government we should not tolerate it. We should tolerate people up until the point where they want to force their beliefs on others. I respect the right to believe but that doesn't mean I respect the beliefs.

People can hold whatever delusions they please. They just need to keep that bullshit to themselves. I don't want it forced on me or anyone else, or to have any influence over my life, or anyone else's who isn't interested. It has no place in government. None.

Sadly, America has swung back to where we need a remake of Elmer Gantry and another Scopes monkey trial. Along with a good dose of actual history for the South.

A lot of us down here are trying to change things. It's slow going.

@KKGator, I am in Arkansas, not far from the Ozarks. I totally agree with you. It looks to me like it's changing. I live in a sundown town and there is an aggressive effort to diversify the community. It surprised me.

It has been my opinion for a long time that religion is the cause of every major conflict in the world today.

I have no problem with people who keep their religion FOR themselves! I want the same freedom!

I have no problem with people believing whatever they want to but when the government want to make laws based on religious beliefs then I get angry. That's unconstitutional and it's a horrible mistake.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21971
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.