Agnostic.com

10 5

Did any of you see the launch of the Falcon Heavy?

I didn't see it live, but I'm so impressed with Elon Musk's project. He is a billionaire and spends his money doing things that NASA is too restricted to do (they would do it all if they could). The most unbelievable thing was when the two rocket boosters landed right back on the launch paid, so they can be used again. That was out of control awesome and something I never thought could happen. Don't get me wrong. NASA has given me some of the best memories of my life, and I'll never forget them. They are the path finders, the geniuses, the heart and soul of our past space program. But the independent companies that are making huge strides without tax payer dollars are blowing me away. They do it for the sake of science and curiosity and the shear will of wanting to know what's out there. I salute both of them - NASA and SPACEX and who ever else out there is brave enough to traverse the solar system. Well Done!!

stomato 6 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I loved it, the whole shabbang. I also found a guy on Youtube who did an enhanced audio version, Having that thru headphones is fantastic, could easily see that as an intro to some heavy metal (If you'll pardon the pun)

I feel like NASA is soon to be obsolete. spacex falcon heavy project was 90mil to launch compared to almost 500k for a shuttle.

I live in the west coast of Florida, but there were too many clouds for us to see it over here. But my cousin posted the video on facebook, so I got to watch, just not in real time.

So freaking cool!!!

Yes, watched it live. I agree - it was awesome!

Oh, you bet. Wouldn't miss it for anything. We may one day be able to see how much of a crater a red roadster can make, either here or on Mars. A flawless launch and recovery of the booster cores. Too bad about the center core, but I'd say 100% nonetheless. At least it came down, and I'd say with the engine problems that a 100 meters is pretty damned close and the speed was too great, but still one good shot.

I watched it delayed on Youtube. I agree the landing was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen, they made it look easy, and I know it wasn't. I love the Spaceman in the roadster.

Yes .It was very inspiring

I watched it live as I do all of Spacex launches. I am a supporter of science in general and the space projects in particular. I would never believe that Spacex or most any private, corporation, does not get plenty of government and taxpayer funding. That is what corporate welfare is all about. (IMHO)
[latimes.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22014
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.