Agnostic.com

33 1

What book (or series) would you like to see made into a movie?

This assumes that they will do it correctly, and not turn it into an abortion, like Ready Player One.

I would like to see the Monster Hunter series by Larry Correia.

ScubaWags 7 Nov 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Grok this ....Robert Heinlein ....Stranger In a Strange Land
I think it says more of the human condition..than any other book . Science fiction from the master!
' It takes humankind apart. And puts reality simply..! As if your futuristic .. dutch uncle was questioning mans yearning for god? Suspension of Disbelief ..........A right of passage in the 70's. Am I really that old?

The Dark Tower (properly)

I should read this series. I've had several people recommend it to me.

The Thomas Covenant series by Stephen Donaldson. Perfect for today's CGI

Yes!

I am not a fan of books turned into movies, except when it come to Neil Gaiman
s and Jim Butcher'sworks.

Stardust is one of my favorite books and the movie version was really well done in my opinion.

@Charles1971 I agree. I am currently watching Good Omens, a collaboration of Terry Pratchett and neil Gaiman. It is a spectacular series!

Heart shaped box by Joe Hill. Definitely would be mad if they messed it up but it would be very creepy if done well.

The God of Small Things

The Dragon Riders of Pern, by Anne McCaffrey.

Oh! You are SO right!

Stranger in a Strange Land!

Lots of good suggestions, esp Dune done right. I'm going to go with two.

The Chronicles of Amber, by Roger Zelazny

The Incarnations of Immortality by Piers Anthony

Xanth by Anthony might be an epic series like Hunger Games or The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe.

"...do it correctly, and not turn it into an abortion..."

Translation:

"Whhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, the bad men didn't make my head movie....!"

Though the book Ready Player One was wonderful, I thought the movie was pretty good though it failed to express much of the charm and nostalgia of the book.

I'd really like to see an updated version of Asimov's Fantastic Voyage made into a movie. It's been over 50 years since the original movie was made.

Is that the miniature submarine injected in the bloodstream to shoot blood clots with lasers from an injured brain ....Raquel Welch was not needed on the film and was eye candy for boys to pay attention to a medical movie

The Caves of Steel, with The Naked Sun and The Robots of Dawn to follow as sequels. They were some of Isaac Asimov’s best.

Not like the I, Robot adaptation though, which was pretty awful.

The entire Dune series, all 500 million books worth. Yes I know we had a film and a TV mini series but I want the whole kit and caboodle. I'll especially looked forward to Dune XVII, it should get really interesting by then 🙂

I have a good feeling about the Denis Villeneuve version coming up.

I'd love for I Am Legend to finally get a proper film adaptation. More recently Black Mad Wheel by Josh Malerman.

apparently I need to read the book

There's already been three movies based on the book I Am Legend and I'm not sure if any of them actually got it right.

the possessed, by dostoevsky, and i once began to adapt that myself, but got distracted.

g

Red Dwarf!

I bought this not long ago, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I may move it up on my reading list.

@ScubaWags oh I was referring to the UK comedy series not the book; Im not sure if its the same universe or what but may well be worth the bump regardless.

I'll let you know if the book I have is a comedy

This is the book that was recommended. It sounds a bit British. Was it a comedy series? I'm half way through it, and its really good so far.

[audible.com];

I would like to see more of The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher

A.G. Riddle's Origen series, Extinction series, or Long Winter series

Zster Level 8 Mar 5, 2020

Done already, "Pride & Predjudice" with Colin Firth!

Dune done right

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 14, 2020

They are re-doing Dune as we speak, are they not?

Armor by John Steakley. We certainly have the technology now to do the 3m tall alien ants now, although it would take some imagination to pull off the biggest twist of the book without completely blowing the reveal.

It would make up for the mess John carpenter made of Steakley's second novel, Vampire$, turning it into the absolutely awful and formulaic John Carpenter's "Vampires". In, fact, tell you what, I'd like to see a proper adaptation of Vampire$ as well.

Probably a series would be needed to do either one right, they're both incredibly rich and complex novels.

Rift War Saga

Quarm Level 6 May 26, 2019

Richard Kadrey’s, Sandman Slim series (currently in development and slated to be directed by the same guy who directed the John Wick films), and John Scalzi’s, Old Man’s War series. Currently still in the planning stages.

The percy jackson books

The first two books in that series were already made into movies.

The Ice People by Rene Barjavel

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:220184
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.