Agnostic.com

19 18

Even with all the negative happenings in our time, I wouldn't want to live in any other time period. Such magnificence in more ways than one. Best viewed in fullscreen.

VictoriaNotes 9 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What a gorgeous video of mother earth. Thanks for sharing!

I can’t think of anyone who would not be awed at this (without religion the awe is deeper because it is real). Yes, we live in a special time and the awareness we have today makes that even more special. For the first time we have access to understanding the natural forces around us. Too bad that is only appreciated by a few of us. I have this natural beauty all around me which makes me (and there are others as well) want to fight harder to preserve it. Geography

@VictoriaNotes

That was spectacular! When you see that thin layer of atmosphere which surrounds us and keeps the chaos out (or perhaps keeps ours contained within it), you realize how very fragile and precious this planet is. It also serves to remind us how petty and ridiculous are our politics, religions and, arbitrary border disputes.

Thank you so much for sharing this!

Duke Level 8 Feb 8, 2018

Your so very right... I love my life and this time...

Neither do I, it's a time of growing consciousness and above all, it's the time where I'm living in.
On the other hand every time had it's beauty, if the one's in that time have been able to open their eyes for it.

Gert Level 7 Feb 8, 2018

Considering what man has accomplished in the last 150 years or so I realize the potential and how backward we live now. I would much prefer living 150 years in the future.

It's both beautiful and awe-inspiring. The majesty of just this one spec in this vast universe makes you wonder what else is beyond us. What will our species accomplish in future generations, and what indescribable beauty will their eyes be witness to in years to come. My joy comes from the knowledge that humanity is capable of so much more when we open ourselves to the pursuit of science.

I agree yet our breeding and greed and lack of respect for nature will take away yall these amazing possibilities.

Very cool video! Thanks for sharing.

we are on the cusp of greatness and our own downfall.

Tesla's world of light

jeffy Level 7 Feb 8, 2018

So beautiful. I loved the lightning storms!
I could even see where I grew up early on in the video.

@VictoriaNotes I've always wondered why brain cells and our universe look so similar.
Maybe our universe is a brain cell in another being, whose universe is in another being, and so on to infinity. Hmm. scratches chin

I'm still hopeful. Fuck the Fermi paradox.

And we are but only a spec of dust floating, navigating and existing in this sea of magnificence.

Nena Level 6 Feb 8, 2018

Is the time we live in. I saw woodstock generation for starters for me. Friends that attended. Walk in the moon, etc, etc, etc. Marijuana legal in many places... beyond my wildest dream when I was high at 13. And no, I don't touch it now... would had thought about me becoming such a square, barely drinking at all and nothing to do with religion. I simply don't need it. Great times we live in certainly. Great times. That's what Life.... our life is all about. Let's enjoy this Shindig, will ya?

Awesome!

Thank you so much! I would give anything to be able to go up and see that for myself. Just amazing! ❤

absolutely groovy.

Well, would you look at that! The Earth is a sphere!!!!

what? You mean as in round? Your teasing.

It's all in the angles they use when they film. It's part of the fairy tale. You can tell it's not the real Earth because it had green sunsets.

@Dick_Martin LOL

I just saw an advertisement for a Tee-shirt that has a picture of the globe and and it said "Member of the Round Earth Society" "Funny Times" Gift Hq.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22052
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.