Agnostic.com

5 1

POLL Commemorating Robert Louis Stevenson

"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."
-Robert Louis Stevenson

Today, November 13th in 1850, Robert Louis Stevenson was born in Edinburgh, Scotland. He was a British novelist, poet, essayist, musician and travel writer.

Which of these Stevenson works have you read?

• 7 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 6 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 0 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 0 votes
Diogenes1972 6 Nov 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Many's the night I've drempt of cheese, toasted mainly."

My mother read his books Kidnaped and Treasure Island to me when I was a small boy and having problems with loosing my hearing at age 6. It had a lasting impact on my life as I became an avid reader and loved to study history.

Robert Louis Stevenson is responsible for one of my favorite quotes: "Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences."

Deb57 Level 8 Nov 13, 2018

For some reason, I've recently had a hankering to re-read "Treasure Island" after many decades (OK: I binge-watched "Black Sails" ). BTW, in the non-fiction category, his account of his travels in America, "The Amateur Emigrant," is interesting, and his little "Travels with a Donkey" is a lot of fun.

If I remeber correct he had a very interesting personal life . And deadly sick most of it .

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:221891
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.