Agnostic.com

21 4

I'm a big fan of stand up comedy. It seems all my favourites are non theists. Jim Jeffries, Doug Stanhope, Jimmy Carr, Louis CK (though I guess not anymore),Hicks, Carlin, Pryor, Do any of you have a favourite joke/stand up routine on the subject? #standupcomedy

BawdyTales 5 Feb 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

-Emo Phillips

Brilliant!

This was also Emo

I used to pray that my parents would buy me a bike. Then I realised that God doesn't work that way so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.

George Carlin

Tim Minchin, Ricky Gervais and Bo Burnham are also great comics you didn't mention who regularly delve into the subject.

Everything that Carlin did on religion and god

Eddie Izzard.

An Eddie Izzard's skit on the church of england

This made me laugh so hard!!!

Eddie Izzard; Dara O'Briain, Rhod Gilbert, Ed Byrne, Bill Bailey, Dylan Moran... the list goes on and on.

Love Eddie Izzard!

Joe Rogan...and Carlin is still my all time favorite.

Nena Level 6 Feb 8, 2018

I'm more into Rogan's podcast than his stand up. Love Carlin

Is Mike Birbiglia atheist? He hints at it. I think he's pretty funny.

I'm not familia with him. I'll look him up.

That man is absolutely hilarious but in a quiet way.

@Blindbird Agreed. And nice. Funny and nice doesn't often happen.

Bill Maher

I've always liked Eddie Izzard, a very staunch anti-theist, but very thoughtful and brilliant.

That’s Jeff Vader, that is. Eddie Izzard is great!

Bill Burr has a special on Netflix right now and he really goes after religious people.

Margaret Cho, Wanda Sykes. Jim Gaffigan is a funny religious comedian, although I don't think that figures big into his work.

Well there's the old favorites Eddie Murphy Richard Pryor and George Carlin. I also find myself never being offended by anything Dave Chappelle or John Caparulo says.

I LOVE Dave Cappelle also. He has three specials on Netflix right now and I've almost memorized them.

Doug Stanhope has a great piece about nationalism from his No Refunds special that is one of my favs. Not really religious but touches on the problem of collectivism, which in my opinion is one of the major flaws of organized religion, and government, in regards to advancement of humanity.

I love to laugh. The issue I have is when they get their laughs by either cussing, or by laughing at themselves. Too much of that and I lose interest right away. Any comedian who doesn't fall back on those, I'll enjoy much much more.

Patton Oswalt.

Good call

Both Louis CK and Aziz Ansari are still on Netflix, despite sexual misconduct/assualt accusations, and are still hilarious, although some of their humor can be dark, even borderline sexual predator at times.

Perhaps they recorded the comedy specials before the accusations.

I didn't know about the second guy.

I tried to watch Master of None once. Worst 2 minutes of my week. Dumber than dumb.

@BawdyTales He's an Indian comic, and hilarious, but has some dark humor about women.

@BenPike He's better in stand-up.

I see! I loved Louis CK, Chewed Up was one of my favourite sets of all time but I can't picture me laughing at all the material he has on masturbation anymore @birdingnut

@BawdyTales I play Netflix stand up every night to ease the misery of juicing piles of veggies, then cleaning out the big juicer..a tedious process I have to do in the bathroom where there's a sink, and I can't see the TV. Because of that, I constantly replay various Netflix stand up comedy specials, although by now I've stopped choosing any skatalogical/genital-fixated comedians.

There's a British gay guy who cross dresses and is openly antitheist. I saw him at a show years ago and he was so hilarious.

Aide note my phone just autocorrected antitheist to Antichrist. Wtf lol

I too am a big fan. All the ones mentioned here so far I dig. I had Carlin's Toledo Window Box on vinyl. along with Cheech and Chong, Richard Pryor and others. I saw Carlin once at century two in Wichita KS, it was as you'd expect. Here's a couple I haven't seen listed yet. John Mulaney (two shows on Netflix), Anthony Jeselnik (one show on Netflix), Demetri Martin (Netflix), Henry Phillips is a killer musician as well as being awfully funny (Youtube) and Stephen Lynch is right there with him (Youtube). Oh, and Heywood Banks, Big Butter Jesus anyone?

You guys rock

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22213
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.