Agnostic.com

124 3

What would make you believe in a God?

What would need to happen for you to be able to distguish between a God and more advanced technology.

paul1967 8 Sep 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

124 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As Bill Nye said to Ken Ham "evidence"

Magic.
Science only appears like magic when you don't understand it.

Example of magic: Jesus rebuked a fever to leave a woman. That's not science, it's a spell.

nothing would make me believe in a god, as we understand the term. nothing. if a god came down from, let's say, a heaven, and announced himself, i would call my shrink.

g

We live in the Milky Way galaxy. It has 1 billion stars. There are millions of galaxies. I can't believe the God of the universe wrote a book for us to live by. We are only one little planet. The biomass of bacteria on earth is many, many times more than the biomass of humans. The idea that we have a personal relationship with a God is only a manifestation of our ego.

Nothing!!!

Make farts smell like fabreeze.

that's easy, just drink a bottle of it.

The only thing that might make believe is if shit load of people just up and vanish like 100's of millions or more. then i might re think stuff about god.

If this existential being showed it's non existent face.

Zabie Level 2 May 14, 2018

If Jesus actually came to me and introduced himself to me and delivered my late wife back to me whole and well. That's it.

Nothing! as I am very happy never ever having had one - I also have never ever owned a mobile phone and i hate them with a vengeance and will never have one.

I was born into an atheist family and I never believed. I am curious why do you not like mobile phones? I felt the same way about them at one time but I've turned to the dark side and now I have one. Besides they don't make payphones any more

@paul1967 I saw a cartoon once that said it all - a man was on his mobile and his partner was saying if I strapped my phone to my head I could believe you were looking at me. I don't like them because I feel they take peopel away from this moment - I know you can switch them off but I know so many people who are addicted to answering the phones and I do think - "Well am I not enough company here? we came out together and now your with your invisible friend ! Its probably an age thing too I am 70 yrs old and I do know many proficient users who are in their eighties - but I just like to be with whoever I am with.

I can't make that distinction. That's why I worship my remote control. 🙂

First someone would have to come up with a definitive definition of what constitutes a god
If that definition includes any mention or relies on the supernatural in any way then that immediately precludes any confusion with technology in the material sense.
If the definition does NOT include the supernatural then any god is natural and materialistic and is therefore explicable by some form of advanced technology and so is NOT a god, simply a dictatorial fraud.

A near death experience would have to happen. Then I might believe in god again. I'm glad I don't believe that crap anymoe.

Odin appearing in my room, with two ravens on his shoulder and two wolves by his side. And the eye patch, of course. And he would have to speak like Sean Connery.

An Irish Viking God? Yeah we can do that. Okay one Irish Odin on his way.

@paul1967 Scottish. But send Liam Neeseon, too.

@Spinliesel I don't know can you handle both of them?

@paul1967 I would loe a chance to find out!

@Spinliesel Oh, you are someone I would love to meet 🙂 fearless and strong.

@paul1967 fearless and strong and crazy and old. But thanks.

Nothing.

I guess it would all depend on your definition of what a god is. For me to believe in a all-powerful, all-knowing god that created the universe the god would have to prove to me he/she/it has the power to create a universe.

Well, a conversation would certainly help. But it's got to be at least a half hour...

I'm not sure but one way would be, after I die, I heard a voice say 'Well you got one bit wrong didn't you?', but then to prove he really is the man he would then say 'No matter, the kettles on, make yourself at home'. That might do it 🙂

It would have to be better than ever advertised. Were Yahweh actual, It would be unsupportable by my moral compass. I suppose an "amazing grace" would go further than any "miracle".

Is that Asimov or Arthur C Clarke ?

Bring back Abe Lincolin, maybe he can fix and unite the country?

Loose weight without dieting.

If he really exists, cure cancer and other horrible diseases, and show us how to generate all electricity using sea water.

First god would have to perform a miracle. Like getting those Trumpty Dumpty voters to admit their egregious error in casting that vote. Then god would have to eliminate suffering. Then god would have to reduce overpopulation of the "virus with shoes." Then god would have to make me a nice lady.

LMAO those would be an indication that a miracle did happen, all except making you a nice lady, that I'm sure you already are.

They could show up in public and hand out cotton candy for free, and maybe do a workshop on divinity

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:223
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.