Agnostic.com

24 13

An illustration of the Christian’s twisted interpretation of benevolence..

I actually had a Christian tell me that I would be happy to sit with my son’s murderer in heaven because according to him, I’ll have no negative feelings anymore. Only love.

How boring, sickening, exhausting and unintelligent.

AMGT 8 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

no words

If it's possible for God to give everyone a loving disposition like that, with no negative feelings at all, they why didn't he create us with that perfect nature right from the start?

I have low tolerance for such inane platitudes as what the Christian told you. It trivializes your pain and says that it ultimately doesn't matter. It's disrespectful to you and to the memory of your son.

They also tell you that God is love but that he plans to burn you in hell for all eternity.

They don't even understand the depths of their hypocrisy, depravity, and stupidity.

Say hello and pull out that 9mm you bought with you. Pop a few and say your sorry and it will be ok.

Pure bull shit.

Is going to heaven like getting a labotomy?

So go ahead, rape, pillage and murder and then ask for forgiveness. A joke in the "Atheist's Bible" went: "When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. The I realized the lord doesn't work that way. So I stole one and asked him to forgive me"

My first wife was Bipolar. She once told a friend I know I do a lot of bad things and hurt a lot of people but God made me weak and so he understands and forgives me. Try living with that.

The problem with all these religious ideas is that are not thought out. They are simple minded for the simple minded.

Pablum for the masses

Point them out to me

To hard to imagine. Sorry you had such an ignorant person say such nonsense to you.

Good thing you don't believe in heaven. Personally I'd want to beat the shit out of the SOB.

Yeah sure. Goes right along with their belief that this life we have now is not important.

I would be happy to see him for the 5 seconds it would take to plan something very nasty to happen to him........

My my. Such experts! In the first place, how in the hell do either of you know who is sitting in heaven? I hear people say things likes this all the time. It is like they have super vision or super hearing. Give me a break. Your relative could wind up on planet Jupiter and the murderer could wind up on Neptune. I am being silly with that example. None of humanity on earth knows WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, AND WHY and especially IF there is a heaven, a hell, and a GOD. Do not assume I am an atheist.

Okay. Not that I did assume you are an atheist.
I do, however, know for a fact that there is no god, heaven, or hell. I AM an atheist.
There is no credible, verifiable proof of anything else.

We don't know for certain whether Odin or unicorns exist, but our reason tells us that they don't. Our reason tells us that there is no good reason to believe that God exists, either.

But we have good reason to believe that that God does not exist. We can't believe most things we believe with absolute certainty, but with most questions or situations, we have to go with what we can reasonably believe. based on reason and evidence. And these things tell us that God doesn't exist.

Religiously devout people have a mental defect, totally devoid of reason. Whatever gets them through life so they can live with themselves and screw what others are going through, it's really psychotic behavior. Sick and twisted, according to them you can do whatever you want no matter how evil and perverse, then just ask an invisible, all powerful, all knowing god who does absolutely nothing to help the innocent masses for forgiveness and all is wiped away. I'm sorry for your loss, these people are sick and brainwashed don't let them affect your mindset.

Hard to say anything about stupid ideas like an eternal afterlife. But if we accept that nonsense for a second, than obviously, yes, that would be benevolence because any murderer will help his victim to reach heaven much faster! Isn't that great? No waiting for decades! Instant eternal perfect life!

Good bye. I have confused you? It is not rocket science. I am not here to discuss, uphold, or attempt to change my religious beliefs or another's. You are what you are and I wish you joy, peace, and happiness. I do no argue someone's belief system.You asked do you like animals? I tell you yes I do. you ask do I like beards? I answer yes I do and talk about the beards, or the pets, or do I like nudity? I said no and explained. None of the questions concern my or anyone else's belief system. One ask me if i knew what born again is. Look at what she answered me. I had answered her prior for me born again = reincarnation. Read her next reply. At this time, to me we are at bullying. She said that is not what I ask you. I ask you know what born again is. I had given her my answer in my world, but I was raised Baptist so yes, I know John 3:16. you, Repent, you are completely dunked in water, and you accept Jesus as your savior. I told her that. I felt my answer that I gave first was enough. She continued as many have. I am not here to debate who's path is right or wrong. I ham here to discuss how to fix abusing the planet, America, wild and domestic animals, humans that are well or sick. I am here to attempt to come together,not fight who is right or wrong, because the truth is, none of us really know. I do not see where that makes me nuts, unable to understand, or want to bully. I am an activist against bullying.If all you atheists are fine with your lives, skeptic should not be a word, and comments to questions you answer should not be snide. You pick out anyone of my comments and I can tell you what I meant if I confuse you. Happiness and Peace, Betty

You misunderstand my comment. I am not trying to change them. just be able to say goodbye to my mother when she dies. You say there are no cChristians. i heat it a lot here. What they do say is the know there are athiests. You don't know anymore than they do. Some of the athiests in the group come at you first three words. I am athiest, freethinker, intelectual. I don't care. I don't care who is what. It is your right, but do 't slam me in the face with it like you are really a skeptic. i know people who quit this group because the athiests come on so strong. So it is not just my opinion. Calm down. Be your athiest peaceable like someone would expect. Do not come after me. i am none of what is listed. i just would like to see the athiests act a little more spritual or compassionate instead of jumping down my throat. And after saying this, I am doing as I know some others did, i quit. Blessing and happiness, Betty

I will message you. Or how do we converse that we can see and no one else?

I AGREE.

you said a mouthful or put your finger right on the point. you can't be 100% sure ther isn't a god and others can be 100% there is. THERE IS NO REAL PROOF FOR EITHER.

Well whoopty doo, so glad you got it all figured out! That saves the rest of us from using our brains. We will just take your word for it! You can start a cult. I don't care for your I know kit all personality. Take it elsewhere. I warn, no argue, then I block to end the play.

Well whoopty doo, so glad you got it all figured out! That saves the rest of us from using our brains. We will just take your word for it! You can start a cult. I don't care for your I know it all personality. Take it elsewhere. I warn, no argue, then I block to end the play.

Geebush and Gehobah are "immortal" evil perverts "creating" murderers and victims in advance to suffer like this ghoulish cartoon

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22372
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.