Agnostic.com

19 7

The lens of lust and love

Has your love for someone ever caused you to appreciate a behavior that you’d normally be annoyed by?

AMGT 8 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Of course!

Yes...each relationship is a cherished mutual education.

Of course... Always.

In my last long term relationship of 10 years-which I ended 9 years ago, I accepted unconventional, rude, disrespectful and illegal behavior on the belief someone loved me. Totally non-acceptable to me now.

I have twice heard applause for the flight crew after a bumpy flight. ..love means you never have to say you're sorry ??

It's caused blindness to iq deficits. :\ That always ends tragically.

That whole "honeymoon" stage...the little things you let by that, once the newness and hormones slack off, suddenly come into sharper focus and maybe aren't so little anymore...

True. Deaf dumb and blind for the first two weeks.

That would be a good question for my former relationships.

I was stationed in Turkey and heard a lot of Turkish music. Of course it was foreign and I didn't care for it.

My late partner was from Iran and loved Iranian music (I referred to it as "Turkish" which pushed her buttons). However, I grew to like it. I still have some of her CD's in the car and sometimes listen to them. It's the usual familiarity can breed acceptance.

Smoking indoors?

Why do you ask? lol

I cannot stand poor grammar. My ex used your instead of you're, mixed up there, their, and they're, but, since I loved her, I let it grate on me in silence

When I first started dating my soon to be ex I RILLLLYY didn't like her belief and acceptance of 12-step programs and all the related behaviors: daily inventory, journalling, etc. Now I'm a big proponent of them. In fact I wish she would get back into Al-Anon again so she would become less stuck. Not responsible for her tho...

I think there's a tendency to find everything "cute" early in a relationship, because we're basically drugging ourselves with hormones that make us feel good no matter what's happening, but as with any drug the effects eventually wear off and we start finding those little things to be annoying.

My wife says... damn! We made it home! Whew!.. I'm a lousy driver on long trips...lol.
My wife is learning to use on me some of the things I tell her...lol. Your hair looks ok Bob. Stop asking me! Stop asking me if you look good Bob...ok? Lol!

Does she drive? My sister's husband has ADHD - lane correction technology has probably saved their lives (and mine) more than once.

"Appreciate" is an awfully strong word. The most I will admit to is "tolerate".

^^^^what she said!

I once was willing to listen to hair bands just so I'd have something to talk about with a love interest.

I actually watched big brother.

sometimes you ask hard questions

none that I can think of. when I think about it, some of those behaviors, I might not have been annoyed by to begin with.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22373
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.