Agnostic.com

14 6

Jumping without a parachute?

What is one of the biggest risks you’ve taken for love?

Was it worth it?

AMGT 8 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Getting married😉

Ruth 41 and I 42 risked life and meager fortune to birth our daughter now 23 genius engineer and family of her own....beauty rose from the February ice and snow 1994

Though I knew better and told myself to never even date one, I married a Christian.

Hell no. I wasted 12+ years of my life and am only left to speculation as to why it is that I'm no longer married.

Did you clash with your then-wife over religious matters, or did that not come up much?

@resserts We actually agreed to avoid discussing religion before we got married.

@mt49er Ah, good idea.

Needed to think about this for a bit. Definitely lept into my relationship/marriage and it was worth it for quite awhile. Also definitely got out (lept? ) of same relationship decades later for my own emotional health. Maybe it all was for love? Very confused about what I want love to mean to me right now. The only thing I've figured out is I don't want that western, monogamous kind of love anymore. As to what I do want... I'll get back to you on that. Good post.

About 30 years ago I was dating a woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with so one day we went house shopping. We went to Chrisfield Md to see a "fixer upper" it was a mess. Hole in roof plaster falling everywhere soft floor in places BUT it had once been a Four Square Queen Anne built I'm guessing around 1880 to 1920. 9 foot ceilings, butlers pantry, 3 sets of pocket doors, extensive woodwork, grand entrance, I'm talking fancy. But It happened to be 90 miles away from our jobs in Ocean City MD. That was a problem.

So we go out and are sitting in the car and I got an idea but without ever having done what I was about to propose or without giving the game away of what I was thinking of doing I asked her. What do you think? How do you like it?

I almost shit my pants when she said, I love it!

So I said we can't commute from here but what if I move it to near Ocean City?

I think she almost shit her pants right then.

So I really and literally pick up a dirty ripped envelope off of the floor and wrote, if you can't find a buyer I will buy the salvage rights for the house for $1.00 and if you will give me the summer I'll take the whole thing.

The owner called a week or so later and said the house is yours. I gave it to her for her birthday and put a down payment on a couple acres in her name only. There was never going to be a divorce fight about assets.

The risk paid off.

She was duly impressed enough to stay with me until the day she died.

Very cool story!

Beautiful!

Lovely

Everything new is a risk and every risk is worth it because it either provides fruit or education. Of course, some risk education can become ... permanent ... as in terminal.

For my marriage, I had to sacrifice my dignity, common sense and much of my family for my soon-to-be ex wife and I have nothing to show for it. Now I'm fighting to get our 2 year old home and dissolving our marriage at the same time. Needless to say I am not letting anyone have the kind of authority over me ever again. My biggest risk I would say was that she was a worshipper which, for the time being at least is another mistake I won't make again either.

Best of luck to you during this challenge.

Hope it ended good

I can't think of any. Take a risk for love...hmmm. ok..... telling my daughter its ok to drive the car
( I bought both of them ) to school. It was that time to do it, but I was so fearful for them.

Just days after I have landed in US, I really wanted contact with a human body,in this case a woman. I went days after days online searching, finally I found one in Michigan East Lansing, I hardly knew anything in US. After exchanging photos for two days, we decided to meet. So the best option for me was to travel by bus. So got on Mega bus that cold day from Minneapolis MN to East Lansing. The journey took almost 20 tedious unwanted hours. The friendship we have maintained is worthy it. The love segment didn't work out. 633+ miles or even more because we kept on getting off from the Highway into the interiors.

Trust

Giving my love.

I've taken risks, but I'm not sure it was ever truly for love so much as for lust. My risk-aversion is pretty high, though, and my libido just can't compete anymore — thankfully. 😛

I can relate my friend, to ALL you said.

I know it's hard to believe, but I'm even funnier looking without my beard and mustache. she wanted to see me without it, so I shaved it. she laughed and laughed. so no it wasn't worth it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22375
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.