Agnostic.com

19 3

Does "TGIF" piss you off? Do you sneer and say, "No thanks!" Or do you just think of it as "Thank Gosh It's Friday"?

AxeElf 7 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The later for me thanks🙂

I don't worry about it much. It's just a word. I also don't say TGIF, because I love my work and am not as in a hurry as most to quit doing it.

I like anything that reminds me of what day it is!

I prefer "POETS Day" Piss Off Early, Tomottow's Saturday"
A business man got on an elevator in a building. When he entered the elevator, there was a blonde already inside and she greeted him by saying, ''T-G-I-F'' (letters only).

He smiled at her and replied, ''S-H-I-T'' (letters only).''

She looked at him, puzzled, and said, ''T-G-I-F'' again.

He acknowledged her remark again by answering, ''S-H-I-T.''

The blond was trying to be friendly, so she smiled her biggest smile and said as sweetly as possibly ''T-G-I-F'' another time.

The man smiled back to her and once again replied with a quizzical expression, ''S-H-I-T.''

The blond finally decided to explain things, and this time she said, ''T-G-I-F, Thank Goodness It's Friday, get it?''

The man answered, ''Sorry, Honey, It's Thursday.'

We had a TV prog in the UK called TFI Friday....

Make of that what you will. 😉

It makes me think of all the people on FB that seem to think it’s important to remind you what day it is. Oh no, it’s Monday again! Taco Tuesday. Happy Hump Day, etc.

We're bored!

No , TGIF does not piss me off . We still celebrate Christmas and say "Merry Christmas." I don't get angry if people want to pray for me or send thoughts and prayers for me. When a close friend is dying, I set up the websites and gofundmes and donate to their accounts. Everyone else can sendthoughts and prayers.

I say , "Happy Friday" a lot.

It reminds me that I work Saturday's

"Sneer"? Really?

Sneer... a new word.. thank you...lol.

Just the same as OMG or thank God, bless you.... they're just sayings. No biggie. 🙂

Since I'm usually working Saturday this holds no meaning for me and I also don't care for the restaurant\food. Can't say it pisses me off really, just not something I care about.

I always think it's "Thank Gandalf, It's Friday", you know , because he saved us all from Sauron, right? Hope he gets on Trump's ass soon!

jeffy Level 7 Feb 9, 2018

Neither, it’s just an expression of relief for the last day of work of the week for many, nothing to do directly with religion.

It is appropriate right? A seven day construct to offer the wage slave a light at the end of the tunnel. So Thank God It Is Friday is probably the most accurate...offering you another light at the end of the further tunnel...death is like friday night...those xstians know how to party...

Nahhhhh. It's just one of those things people say.

I'm guilty of that thank god it's Friday saying...ugh!
When someone asks me how I'm doing I tell them everyday is Saturday. ...lol. I'm retired.. finally! Now I got to get a life..lol. whew!..lol.

Not bothered a bit. TGIF is simply Thank Gregory It's Friday. Simple. Accurate. True.

I just say "tomorrow's Saturday" and go on with my life. Then on Saturday I go "tomorrow's Sunday" and go on with my life......and so on

I used to say that too. Now, I just say Happy Friday!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22390
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.