Agnostic.com

36 5

Worst qualities

I've asked this once before and absolutely no one responded. How can we we work on our worst qualities without acknowledging them? My worst qualities are being too judgemental, too emotional (depression, anxiety), and I am not the sharpest tool in the shed. What are yours?

Levi_Hinton 7 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I sometimes am a little condescending and I don't really mean to be. It's mostly when dealing with politics and religion. I am trying to work on that though.

Are you gonna tax me? ...because if you are going to tax me on my worst qualities... I got None whatsoever. None.

Well, I consider myself an expert on depression, as I spent at least 25 years in therapy for it! First off, you are making a 'bad character' judgement on something that is a brain disorder! It does have emotional components, because this is how our nervous system developed, at certain ages in our childhood and even that is connected to our brain! So, ask yourself, if you would be so judgemental, if you had diabetes? To start, you must give your body the support it needs... walking every day for 30-45 mins and get at least that much or more of sunshine. Weight training was excellent for me, as well! Get a good night's rest and eat mostly vegetables and fruits, some of which should be uncooked. And my thoughts about your statement of...'I am not the sharpest tool in the shed.' fits most people with depression! Because depression robs us of our value. When the depression is under control, we can take our talents and skills and put them to good use. When the depression is in full swing, we can't even remember if we ever had skills and talents. AND, there may be a few people around us, trying to remind us of what we have! But, it feels like 'water off a duck's back', we can't hear them! That is the NATURE of depression. Depression, is not OUR nature. Depression is a brain/nervous system condition that we must learn to cope with! Same as diabetes! If you need a therapist to help sort out your issues, don't hesitate! Depression is treatable, medication might even be recommended. This is not a character flaw and you need to 'know' the difference!

No one is perfect. I am in the pump up my strengths crowd. At my age I am working on accepting myself as I am

How about utilizing the four agreements.
Be amazed how life changing they are!
[toltecspirit.com]

Good luck and peace be with you

Depression and anxiety are not qualities -good / bad- but conditions and must be treated professionally....as well as is to be "too" emotional;. Judgmental? Yes, that is a bad quality that, also, can be treated professionally and can be "solved" with a lot of work on your part.
No the sharpest tool? Well, to recognize our own "bad things" shows we are not as dummies but smarter that we were led to believe.

BTW, my worse quality is my inability to forgive a person who hurt me intentionally.

I can be lazy and I tend to not forgive easily.

I had to acknowledge the bad qualities in myself despite how ugly it was. In looking for new relationship's in personal experiences or work related. Knowing my short comings will dictate my life, saying...if it is broken get some damn glue. I'm always going to be under construction.

I had to acknowledge the bad qualities in myself despite how ugly it was. In looking for new relationship's in personal experiences or work related. Knowing my short comings will dictate my life, saying...if it is broken get some damn glue. I'm always going to be under construction.

In N.I I would be called 'throughother it means all over the place not quite with us. I doubt at my age nearly 70 that anything is going to change so I live with it and mostly its fun for other people
'

I'm sensitive, depressed, and stupid. Those are my worst qualities.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22512
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.