Agnostic.com

14 1

What's your belief?

How do you believe the Universe was created?

JosiahHendr 2 Nov 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Are you asking how the universe came into being? That's a very different question than "was created".

Is it? It may have been created by natural forces... and I have no reason to believe orherwise. Now if the question was les ambiguous like, do you believe the universe was designed by an intelligence? my answer would most certainly be no. Actually if my answer was yes it would be evidence that Iā€™m hanging out on the wrong sitešŸ™‚

The universe and I have an agreement - neither of us is concerned with how the other was created.

I like the sentiment .. as for the universe you are (I suspect) scientifically acurate... you may have been created by the universe but it holds no intelligence with which to be concerned.

I'm as curious as the next, but I don't expect we'll unlock all the long-lost secrets of our past. I certainly don't think unknowns need a supernatural explanation. Some things are unknown, some things are unknowable, perhaps. I can live with that.

In terms of my spiritual beliefs, my view is that the sum total of all the forces within the universe and all interactions between them is the closest thing we have to "God". And that includes all the things we have yet to understand, mainly the details of time and space which have scales that are beyond our comprehension. A cosmic ecosystem within which we are infinitely small.

Honestly, I don't know. The question has never kept me awake at night. The theory of the Big Bang is more satisfying than any other explanation I've heard, but if better evidence appears in my lifetime, I'm fine with that.

Deb57 Level 8 Nov 19, 2018

I believe I'll have another beer

Good plan. I believe I'll join you!

I donā€™t believe my guessing could do much more than regurgitate documentaries on the topic, theyā€™re good at making a theory sound plausible. I believe it was a natural burst of energy caused by nothing Iā€™m sure of. I donā€™t believe it was an intelligence of any kind and the notion that it was seems childish and silly to me.

It wasnā€™t...in the sense that if it was created there must be a creator. Science has provided us with a lot of probabilities....the definitive answer we are still searching for.

I believe the laws of physics gathered up and compressed a ball of matter until it's composition caused it to erupt.
As for where the matter came from, I believe it is eternal. After the heat-death the universe will still exist.
Perhaps, eventually, there will be another compressed ball in the void.

i have no beliefs about how the universe came to be except that it most certainly had no creator. i have heard explanations about possible ways, and most of them sound reasonable, but if scientists can't agree on the exact details, what difference would MY "beliefs" make? they're working on it. they're doing a good job. it's interesting. it really has nothing to do with beliefs (or creation).

g

I have no belief in how the universe came into being, it's still being looked into and there have been some very interesting hypothesis on this, none of which include a god btw, so until such time as something concrete comes up I'll settle for 'I don't know'

By an accident in someone's laboratory. Our multiverse sits suspending by a field of unknown preventing the expansion of our universe.

The universe is all that exists. I think it has always existed.

Your question is based on a false premise. "Created" mandates a creator.

There is no evidence to suggest a creator.

Evidence suggests our current universe was formed by a series of events starting with the big bang then natural formation of planets, stars, and life.

If you are actually interested: This is worth your time. [cfa.harvard.edu]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:225634
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.