Agnostic.com

17 20

Yes, it's been a while since I’ve posted an update about the site as we've been swamped working on some new features that are coming soon (e.g., groups and events ... yes, you high-level members are already seeing them but I'll post later about them.).

1. Added 25+ more profile questions

You can find them in your account / questions page (click on the “gear” icon if on computer or “Update Profile” if on mobile … then click “Questions”… then click “Religious” or “More Questions” buttons). If you’re on a computer, you should see some of the questions being asked mostly one-at-a-time on the main page. Eventually, we’ll make them searchable. Thanks to the members who helped brainstorm the questions.

2. Less repeated questions showing on main page

We added some code that will determine the likelihood that you’ve seen a similar post when a new member makes a post (e.g., 'Can you date someone who is religious?' ). It will then try to avoid showing those on the main page. Newer members will see them on the main page so they can have the joy of responding to a fresh question. These newbie questions will show up in the category pages.

3. You can make your posts “member-only”

Using the same toggle to make your profile visible to members only, it will now also hide your posts to non-members.

4. You can get points for filling out your bio and answering profile questions

This is mostly to help brand new members reach level 2 more easily. We found that many level 1 members are getting discouraged and not making it to level 2.

5. Birthday search

You can now see which members are having their birthday today by going to the “Meet” page and clicking the birthday cake icon. Note: this only shows members who want to have their birthday’s known.

There's also been a few hundred little tweaks to the site in the last month which hopefully makes the site more stable and fun.

We are also doing final testing of the apps and hope to have them public by the end of the next week.

Admin 9 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It would be nice if the reply, tagged, and like notifications from the same people were linked so there wouldn't be two or three notifications for the same post. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Feb 10, 2018

Good ideas 🙂

@Admin

I do get one once in a blue moon. 😉

Thank you. Great job. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Feb 10, 2018

How about including Dutch and Danish in the languages, I feel left out man!

Also Indoor Climbing which is quite a different sport to Outdoor Climbing

I'm not seeing the "visible to members only option" ..... Can you screen cap where that is?

I don’t see the new questions, no “religious” or “more questions”. Running on iPhone safari browser.
Also, what are the compliments? I see that people have them, but I’ve never seen how to complement anyone or how they could complement me, not that anyone would.

I just now put better buttons on the questions page for mobile users. As far as compliments, we removed the feature as it was seldom used and sometimes felt creepy depending on the sender. I just now remove the tabs from those who had compliments - my since condolences to those members. Onward!

I’m of the opinion that the notifications need an overhaul. Maybe wait for the app and see how it goes.

Ideas?

Maybe combine some of them. If multiple people like a post, maybe condense that to one notification? They don’t always register as read after selecting from the drop menu. With news of an app, though, I’d really just wait for it and evaluate at that time, especially if these aren’t relevant issues on a desktop. @Admin

Where are you at, @Admin, that it is already Feb. 10, but on the Eastern time zone of the US it is on 10:37 Feb 9. Lol

Yeah, makes your head scratch doesn't it? I'm just trying to stay one step ahead.

@Admin good job! Whippersnapper!

@Admin Found you! I'm a great sleuth

Thank you for all your hard work!!!

Hey as long as we know why it's buggy I think we can all deal! Thank you.

Liking the layout and style of this site already. The GUI is very user friendly. -chuckles- the color's are a bit interesting but overall, nice and inviting. Thanks for this outreach/platform for open-mindedness. Peace.

I love you all!! You do good work!

I tried to create a group. It showed up in the feed that I had joined but there was an error ?500 that came up in the process. Like the new changes!

Yes, I see your 2 groups. The 500 error was a bug in how we added tags to your group. I think it's fixed now (last hour or so).

@Admin I just made one called Handcrafters

I saw others with 20-40 extra questions , then filled mine out . Well done . 👍

Dougy Level 7 Feb 9, 2018

Thanks so much for all your hard work! 🙂

Nice.

Now, what would you think about a journal/blog, and the ability to add friends?

d_day Level 7 Feb 9, 2018

Once we get caught up on coding, we hope to cleanup the way we handle new posts. Currently, there are 3-4 different forms which could be consolidated and simplified. "Journal / Blogging" would probably be handled by adding "Profile only [ ]" checkbox when you made a post to tell the site to only show it on your profile... then some layout options for the profile page to be more blogging-friendly. Hopefully could also improve the input form for posts.

Congregations buddy

And yes... I know. There's a bug in photo uploads in replies. Will try to get it fixed in the next 12 hours... 😟

Admin Level 9 Feb 9, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22569
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.