Agnostic.com

51 0

Would you consider having sex with a bearded man?

One mostly for the ladies.
Thoughts on beards? Like? Hate? Don't care?
I was out of home at 16, so a beard was easier to manage than shaving daily. I grew it again at 21 as my ex liked them. Each year, over the Easter break I would grow it and take it off on September 1st. Then when my son was born, I didn't shave for about 5 years, very long beard. I took it off one day and kids cried, so I grew it back for a few more. Finally it went white, so took it off until 2 years ago when my hair was turning grey. Then I entered into a contract not to get a haircut or beard trim for 6 months and the beard has stayed ever since. Most ladies I know prefer clean shaven, they tell me so, yet none have given me an ultimatum, just stated their preference. I am not much into kissing, so the beard helps there also, though I have had complaints about beard rash on other occasions. So generally ladies, if you don't mind, is a beard a deal breaker?

Rugglesby 8 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

51 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Been there, done that, married it.

Hmmmm......dealbreaker is a little strong. I don't really like them during physical affection--especially kissing - of if they are unkempt or scraggly. I can't stand the phrase "flavor saver." I don't like them if they are wiry and too long. But, I don't mind them, generally. Boy is that a freaking contradiction or what? Sometimes they look nice. The CAN look nice. Attention to appearance and hygiene is important to me whether bearded or not.

Either bearded or very clean shaven. That in between that's like sandpaper? No! Ouch.

If they can’t accept you for who you are, you don’t need them! But what is this about a contract? I never cut my fur. Been years

I get tired of shaving sometimes and grow one. I keep it trimmed, I can’t deal with hair getting in my mouth or food. Then, at some point I nick some off with the trimmer, and start yo get into various configurations, depending on mood: from goatee to fumanchu. At some stage, I get tired of trimming and start shaving again. I have found overall women accept it as well as men accept their women making drastic changes to their hair style, going long to short, or short to shorter. They get used to it either way for the most part.

Not a deal breaker for me, I think beards are hella sexy!

It really depends on the guy and if the beard is groomed. Second husband had a short beard.

As long as they aren't really long and gross, they are fine. But I also live in OR and it seems like most guys have some kind of facial hair.

Remi Level 7 Mar 20, 2018

A bearded lady? Why not.

NO!

I don't like beards, but it's not such a huge turn off that I would refuse to date someone with one.

I don't like them either actually, though I have one. And it is perfectly alright to have a personal preference. Some of the ladies I spend time with don't like them, and I don't think they like mine. I have asked some female friends whether they think I should shave, most say no, not because they like the beard, but because they know I am lazy.

I don't think so .
Imagine the sound of Velcro !

It's obviously a matter of personal preference, but since you ask....I much prefer clean-shaven, although that in itself is not a deal-breaker.

marga Level 7 Feb 14, 2018

Had to laugh about your kids crying when you shaved. My daughter (then about 15) had a major malfunction when I shaved my beard off. Felt like her real Dad had been spirited away somewhere and replaced with a counterfeit. I suppose I should have given her a heads up that I was going to do it. Like you, I grew it back for awhile. It's back on again now; no particular reason, I think the initial impetus was that my current wife liked it / asked for it but personally, I have only a mild preference for a beard, it's lower maintenance. Trim a little around the mouth with scissors every other day, thin it out with an electric clipper once a week or so. Quicker and fewer accidental cuts than a full shave.

My kids gave me this as a T Shirt.

I'm married to one so I better!!

My husband has always had one. He shaved it off once for our son who wanted to know what he looked like without it but he rather likes having one. I know I prefer it as long as he is clean and the beard well kept, absolutely.

AmyLF Level 7 Feb 12, 2018

A well groomed, nicely scented beard is an indication of a man who takes pride in his appearance.
One that has been conditioned makes it soft & the hazard of rug burn is diminished. If a man has a hansom face then a beard is a deterrent. If he is lacking in an appealing façade then a beard is an attribute.

I cannot grow a long beard. After a couple weeks, it starts to drive me nuts in the neck region and I have to trim it back down. I rock a really short beard all the time now. I only shaved it a few years on Halloween for my costume, but because it is so short, it's back to "just trimmed" length in a couple days. If I ever have another girl and I'm still on this site, I'll post her response.

your a nice bloke but not so much mate

I grow for her pleasure. 🙂

A very clean goatee, would be ok.

Oh, and my chin is going grey. I think it looks cool.

No way.....

By the same token , how would you feel about being with a woman , who doesn't shave ?

Depends, I have known many women who have no need to,

So Rugglesby , are you saying you would only be with an unshaved woman , if she were naturally hairless ?

I'm a big fan of the beard! But not the scraggly-ass kind. Short. Trimmed. Or even just several days of stubble.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22580
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.