Agnostic.com

11 3

What Are Some Of Your Insecurities About Yourself That You Feel Someone May Not Understand?

My PTSD - Although, its not related to war, it is military related and civilian related. I'm afraid that whomever I meet and fall in love with will not understand why there will be times I want to be alone. (Thus, I go to the gym every day to distress myself after work.)

My weight (which I'm getting back to). I really let myself go for the last 1.5 years. I'm not terribly worried because I will get my body back where I have to, but it's that time between. In 3 months top, but it feels like forever. I've never really had weight issues. Maybe being a tiny bit underweight in the military, but... Arghh!

I'm short. Why didn't my 4'11 mother drink enough milk? Ha! Genetics, I suppose.

I love kids. I'm afraid to fall in love with a man who has kids. Fearing that the mother of his kids will never accept me by making my life a living h-ll to live happily with the man I love and having their kids around us when they visit. I've never made it hard for any of my ex-husband's women.

SleeplessInTexas 8 Nov 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm very insecure about my looks and how people just don't see me. I don't think I look like a goblin but I'm not getting any second glances either. My current relationship isn't the best so I often think about leaving him but I don't want to be alone. I guess I'm worried that my looks or lack thereof, will keep me from moving on and that I'll be lonely, so Im staying put for now.

Poor excuse to stay in a relationship you're not happy with.

@SleeplessInTexas yeah I know.

I'm short. My voice sounds like a child. I was raised by introverts, so I feel like my extroversion is burden on others. I am terrified of letting down my many of layers of walls to someone who won't appreciate what's inside. Terrified. Not that I'm not good enough (I'm amazing), but that I'll make a bad judgement call and let myself get hurt.

@Minta79, you will ALWAYS BE good enough. I get what you mean, though... I have a bad habit of already rehearsing the dreadful words being said to me, "I'm sorry, you're just not for me." I've already cried over the loss. That way when it happens, it won't hurt so much. I know that's terrible. We will find someone special for us. Stay positive. You will find him. You are beautiful and amazing!

I'm afraid to say.

problems are what you make them really. people who really care don't give a toss about your size or Hight. its just the trials of life.

I hate how I look ..and can't go out without make up.I was always criticized by my mother growing up..si am very insecure about my looks ..also ...she didnt want a girl ...and dressed me as a boy when I was young .
But i 've survived ...and have 3 fantastic children ..

My weight... and, oddly, I just checked and I am at an ok weight. I DO want to lose some more. Why? My back hurts when my weight is up and, I am in some pain I associate with being up in weight. For the record, I've never stressed how much I weigh, but how I feel at whatever weight and what I can do at same. Ie: if I am not able to do 2-3 flights of stairs without being winded, I am worried! If I can do that and feel comfortable, I am fine (no matter the weight). So, being in reasonable shape is more important to me.

Emotional hangup is the feeling that I can't, or won't, find someone to be in my life. I haven't given up, yet, not truly, but I have stopped actively looking. Why? Seems like every time I make a connection, something goes wrong and that 'wrong' has been all over the map (some are mistakes I made, some were mistakes on their side, most were just no real connection).

Work. This could be related to a bunch of things but I can't seem to get my shit together at work so that I am performing at what I'd consider to be 'speed.' That said, I have a great team here, with very good support and I think I may well be able to turn this around. Right now, though, it's one day at a time. A bit more on that: I teach and my greatest flaw is classroom control. I just don't have the 'command voice' save it high stress situations. I am too soft on my kids and they roll over me. :/

You did ask? 🙂

I have a feeling this particular post could go for years, yet all say the same thing. We are afraid of not being loved back (now or eventually) and the failure of not living up to everyone else's best physical features. Myself included.

My height. Although it might be accurate to say we live in a man's world, I believe it's more accurate to say we live in a tall man's world. There are so many unspoken entitlements that tall men experience. And there's so many accomplishments that shorter men do not get credit for.

I like the smell of skunk.

And. . . . I fear insignificance more than I fear death

Aging and what it brings and may still bring

My introvert nature. My health-problems.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:225822
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.