Agnostic.com

8 2

How is a government-sponsored National Prayer Breakfast even legal in this country?

csinsko 3 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's not, but we are hypocritical as hell when it comes to christians.

JimG Level 8 Feb 17, 2018

There are 7 states where an atheist can not run for public office. A Prayer Breakfast should require those that attend, eat their own words.

The government can't be against any religion, does that mean they can not have religion? Must the government be atheist?

Our government must remain neutral with regard to religion. Individual officials can be of any religion or none, but cannot favor any one religion.

I share your horror!

I assume that if it isn't MANDATED by our government, then there's room to wiggle around that whole Church and State thing. Still, i am unimpressed.

Is it government sponsored? "It is hosted by members of the United States Congress and is organized on their behalf by The Fellowship Foundation, " - Wiki

@xamountofstars I am with you, but understand that a Congressman sponsoring something is not an official government action. What irritates me is that these are the people who believe religion trumps the rule of law.

@xamountofstars I live in a deep red county where any conversation concerning politics usually has someone screaming "BABY Killer!!!" within 8 minutes. Its brutal

@xamountofstars, lol. having an electric bill, including heat, for January of $75 goes a long ways to mend my feelings.

good question

It isn't but the Constitution and what is legal means nothing to conservative Theocrats. (In My Humble Opinion)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22590
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.