Agnostic.com

27 2

What's your favourite Atheist quote/saying?

I'll start with... "I need not the promise of Heaven to see merit in good deeds".
And... "Adults with imaginary friends are dumb!".

Jonboy 4 Nov 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

God is the sound people make when they're too tired to think anymore. ~Edward Abbey

"Ask yourself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be waiting for us in our graves - or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth." Ayn Rand

I'm good without God.

I do the the right thing because it is the right thing to do.

You cannot have it both ways either you are or your not.

"If a man were to practice today (all) the moral teachings of the old testament, he would be a criminal. If he were to practice today (all) the moral teachings of the new testament, he would be insane."

• Aron Ra.

"Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people!"

"This shit makes no sense"
Matt Dillahunty, on religion

"Religion has the greatest bull shit story ever told.".................George Carlin

Source:

“Evolution the greatest show on earth” .....Richard Dawkins

"Religion is the deliberate suspension of critical thinking. And that is nothing to be proud of." (Bill Maher)

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery. ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

Sorgi Level 1 Nov 21, 2018

Absence of evidence is evidence of absence

I might be paraphrasing a little:

“There’s not enough love in the world as it is without wasting some on imaginary beings” - Nietzsche

"If there is a God, he is a malign thug." - Mark Twain

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

Nuke Level 5 Nov 20, 2018

"Nothing fails like prayer."
Annie Laurie Gaylor - FFRF

Morals come from a rational consideration of the consequences of our actions.

Matt Dillahunty

And another of my favs:

I shall be after death precisely what I was before conception, namely, Nothing and Unaware.
Hence, all those who claim to be saved will never know that they weren't "

Author Unknown

"You'll never find a dead Christian in a fox hole that didn't pray. " Darrell Barker

“My dad doesn’t know what he is talking about”

-Robin Baker

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan

I don't think it is necessarily a quote as much as a personal belief. If "God" loves all unconditionally, then why must he threaten eternal damnation for disobedience and disbelief? I'd never condemn a child of mine for what they feel, or believe.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens.

I don't know if it has been quoted, but I have often said that one does not need religion in order to have a conscience.

Pretty much any snarky comment Ricky Gervais has ever made on the subject. Sure Richard Dawkins, Michael Schermer, and Christopher Hitchens are wonderful at esoteric postulations for why there is no evidence of any sort of supreme being, but with Ricky Gervais, it's more like a fresh slap in the face and an admonition to not be so stupid.

Since I am a firm believer and that everything that science has proven to be true is true, my personal motto is"truth is what the facts are"

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:226462
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.