Agnostic.com

39 8

How do you feel about the way the American government disregarded every treaty ever made with Native Americans?

How do you feel about history repeating itself by the US trying to back out of the promise they made to DACA recipients?

Tecolote 7 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments (26 - 39)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The more things change … the more they stay the same..

Varn Level 8 Feb 10, 2018

For me the American government has lost its credit already for a long time. How the later governments have dealt with the treaties, is not what the treaty parties had in mind. I'm sure. Not trustworthy at all, just facilitating the money for the rich and, that might be clear, for themselves in the first place.

Gert Level 7 Feb 10, 2018

Things that have happened in the past cannot change. History of the world is full of wars and racism, the world was a different place back then. Nevertheless, the least one can do now is apologize.

I think the way we have treated the Native Americans has been disgraceful period. Through out history then Native Americans have had to tolerate our incursion on to the lands, the Trail of Tears, and when the get angry and fight back we slaughter them. Even now with them on Federally protected land we still have to tell them what they can and can't do, Keystone XL pipeline. Enough is enough. As for DACA it is also disgraceful. DACA is not expiring by the way. Trump unilaterally ended the program.

Same old story, the rich has always been stealing from the poor. Doesn't matter where in the world you look. Most recent in the US is the recent tax cut.

Whitey's forked tongue!

They suck, there was just a Facebook post showing them shooting the protesters and hosing them down in freezing temperatures from November or december.

I'm not happy with anything relative to what we do around the world to this nature in our names! Unfortunately, Native Americans didn't help their cause much as they collaborated with the Europeans against each other in many instances to gain favoritism. Always leading to betrayals. Sadly, this means to control society, land, and resources never ends even with centuries of its engagement forced onto us. The world is blindly engulfed in it even today.

Yet....the American government is blazing around the world, "trying" to help other regions' "peace" processes.....I got to think that those participants see right through their bullshit. They seem willing enough to accept the USA Taxpayers' money and weaponry though

twill Level 7 Feb 10, 2018

I hope that's sarcasm. Being we're not promoting peace anywhere.

@William_Mary ; Truly was sarcasm...note the quotation marks. Twas'n't I that created that mis-label (misnomer ?) (peace process) in the 1st place

Unsurprised.

Redneck assholes.

The American Indians way of life was bound to come to an end eventually. I’m certainly not proud of the fact that we repeatedly broke treaties while we were doing away with their way of life but I definitely don’t think we should be paying them today for something that happened long ago.

One is genocide the other is a application fee process to permanently DELAY ACTION upon CHILDHOOD ARRIVALS. ...nor comparable....though SOME are border dwellers like the Santa Ana troops surviving the mission to liberate slaves of the Alamo owners

People all over the world have been conquered through out history. I don't see how what you are promoting helps😉

Perhaps because the US often tries to pose as a moral compass for the world.
Maybe not so much these recent days, though!

@birdingnut Every civilization has done their bad! The US is no different. We are held to a higher standard, than the other free nations, and they are no better than the US. I really think in the grand scheme of exploits of history, we are no better or no worse.

@Leutrelle True, but people love their illusions, LOL!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22682
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.