Agnostic.com

90 5

Is it possible to fall in love with someone with opposing political views?

Is it possible to fall in love with someone with opposing political views? I was asked this question today and found it rather difficult to answer and dependent upon the definition of 'love'.

Grumpy 5 Nov 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

90 comments (76 - 90)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My parents are still together after 40 odd years - so yes 😉

Yes wrong religion,wrong race, wrong ethics and wrong politics

I think you can. And may open to a debate for when the couple is bored. Just remember what is most important... and a debate mustn't have a winner.

If one's definition of love doesn't include (political) values, then yes of course.

I know of a staunch Republican and a staunch democrat who have been married for 48 years so I supposed so.

Possible? Yes. Likely to last? From my experience, sadly no.

in the US probably not...everywhere else it is probably fine

I will fall in love to a beautiful person. Beautiful means to me to have enough good character in you
This could differ from person to person what you are lookin for.

Everything you don‘t like, as example political or religious views and ambitions, opposite life style, musical taste etc. makes the person uglier in your eyes, even if it’s optical the most beautiful person.

I will enjoy my relationship, without stressful conversations.

Yucel Level 3 Dec 14, 2018

With love comes mutual respect (in my book at least). I'm not sure I have an answer for you. Still thlnking about it.

Maybe. I'm in love with a believer that I've
known for over a year and yet have never met her. I even think she would marry me but we both might be better off not to.

Lust maybe. Love no.

Of course it is but why would you choose to do it? How would you have respect for someone who has opposing views about things you feel strongly about? Obviously you will have some opposing views but they should not be about your core principles and values.

Yes.

Marz Level 7 Nov 24, 2018

What does fall in love mean....lust or admiration? I is possible to fall in love with anybody. It may however be difficult to sustain a relationship for a good length of time if aspects of your life, politics, religion food etc are not closely aligned.

Agreed

Nah, at least you will have something to talk about all the time.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:228975
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.