Agnostic.com

9 1

Time for a meal. What are you going to have?

It's almost lunch here. I will eat some soup and make a hummus sandwich.

GuitarDoctor 7 Nov 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You guys are making me hungry.

My last meal of the day was homemade soup I made from Thanksgiving leftovers (turkey stock, turkey) and fresh veggies—carrots, zucchini squash, yellow squash, tomatoes, green beans, peas. A hot meal for a freezing cold, snowbound day. ????

That sounds yummy! Too bad I'm a vegetarian. Can you make that without the meat? I also use vegetable soup stock instead of chicken

@celticagent I don’t know why not! I have vegetarians and vegans come though my home so I often make meatless soups. Their favorite is split pea. I use organic split peas, carrots and sweet potato, adding organic vegetable stock as needed to thin it — it gets really thick when it sits on a heated stove for awhile 🙂

@Bobbyzen I love pea soup. It bothers me when they put ham in it though. I'm glad you know the importance 🙂 😀

@celticagent I add ham (or a beef flank steak) on the rare occasions that only carnivores are at the table. Mostly it’s meatless. And delicious!

The joy of living alone:

Often I fold up a piece of lettuce into a packet, and methodically eat it standing at the sink.

"That's my green vegetable," I think. "Now for something orange or red."

(Looks around) "Plum tomatoes." Done.

Don't judge me.

My wife grew up in China. We often eat plain lettuce wrapping something...tofu, spicy rice, miso, etc

BBQ pulled pork, and scalloped Potatoes,with a glass of 2% milk.

we get mom's meals, sort of like meals on wheels, which are great for breakfast but insufficient for dinner. (it's almost dinner time.) because of the season, they sent us a couple slices of turkey with some diced potatoes, some cranberry sauce and some corn. i put the turkey/potato thing, frozen, and put it into the electric skillet. i seasoned the potatoes. then i took the corn out and put it in a bowl and added butter, a colorful mini bell pepper and some chopped onion, along with my special seasoned salt, some extra paprika, a little stevia and a little ginger. i mixed it up and put that in the skillet too. i broke apart from white mushrooms and butter-sprayed and salted them in the skillet. finally, i sliced the rest of the onion half (putting the other half into the fridge) into a bowl of chopped zucchini, added butter, my seasoned salt and some herbs de provence aka italian seasoning (check it out some time -- it's the same stuff!) and put THAT into the skillet. i might make some deviled eggs to go with all that. i'll turn the skillet on in about an hour.

g

Leftover turkey on a bagel with ranch. Don't judge me lol

Potatoes, yam, carrots, peas and fish.

I am thinking of walking over the local pub for an order of wings and soem beer.

Hash browns and black coffee.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:231685
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.