Agnostic.com

10 6

An inquiring mind wants to know...

Still a newbie here and feeling my way around. I think part of what appealed to me with this site was the potential for more meaningful discussion than what can be found on other social media sites; and, while I'm certainly discovering it here, it can be rather hit or miss without knowing where to look. Hoping you can point the girl who is pathetic at small talk but somewhat proficient at deeper conversation in the direction of the groups that will feed the beast the most.

Amzungu 8 Nov 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What are you looking for? I'd be willing to help!

I like the Authors, Publishers, Editors and Readers group. Also the Food, Glorious Food group. Look for a tetchy Australian named Frayed Bear. He should keep your mind busy.

Check us out at Dharma Café

[agnostic.com]

skado Level 9 Nov 27, 2018

Yeah, I was thinking about that 😉

I would look for people, not groups. I can make some suggestions.

That would be wonderful, thank you!

@Amzungu2 will PM tomorrow. It's bedtime now 🙂

It would help if you could be a bit more specific on what you are looking for.

I don't think I'm looking for anything specifically. My interests are broad and I appreciate others perspectives. Conscientious conversation would be as specific as I can get.

I would be no help as I charge into any conversation to see what happens. If I might suggest,don't stress over your perceived lack o ability in small talk,and be open to the experience.

Depends on what your interests are...

Legit point. My interests are many, though science, people and life would be the big umbrellas.

@Amzungu2 I believe there are groups to cover the interests you mentioned.

You can also look at people's profiles & see if someone who appeals to you wants to talk in Messenger. The profiles aren't just for dating. For me, just talking with one person at a time, in private, is easier & more natural.

Carin Level 8 Nov 26, 2018

Great suggestion, thank you. You just may be on to something here. ?

The others are right. Look around, look for what specifically intrigues you. I too prefer deeper conversations, thus I empathize.

I would start with your interests and go from there. If you don't find a group to your liking can make your own when you get to a high enough level.

Btbd Level 7 Nov 26, 2018

Guess who just made level 5? ?

@Amzungu2 nice

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:232070
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.