Agnostic.com

10 2

How do you keep your memory sharp?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I play bridge.

"Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories." -- Steven Wright.

To keep my memory sharp, I read about 2 hours a day, I work, which involves problem solving and lots of thinking, and I write.

Interesting!!!!!! Thanks for posting!

I do the NY Times crossword puzzles and read a lot, focusing on words I like...on my drive to work, I play a vocabulary game...all words I can think of ending in -ious, for instance...

I tend to remember just about everything as long as I see it...I am horrible at auditory memory...I don't remember names...if I like someone, I can remember everything about them...scent, mannerism, clothing, etc.

I do a memory dump of stuff I don't want to remember anymore a few times a year...just move it from one part of my brain to another...it doesn't work well because I still remember details from long ago..

Now, the trick is how to remember current stuff...like where is my phone? ha ha ha

Crosswords and quizzing, and just keeping an interest in everything that is happening in the world, by reading and questioning .

I need advice.

I don't. The sooner I forget everything, the better.

I work very hard at not remembering.

Caffeine

I used to have this little memory exercise I do every morning but I forgot how to do it...

Read, play video games and troll like the world’s a bridge.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:232263
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.