Agnostic.com

20 5

Tiny house life?

Does anyone have any interest in the minimalist lifestyle? Doing away with massive amounts of "things" and living in a very small house of just a few hundred square feet? I've even thought about a Skoolie, like this one! Could you do it?

JonnaBononna 7 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am living in a schoolbus.....175 sq ft

Pics please??

@ReadyforaChange that is kinda challenging for me, but I can assure my bus is quite cozy and has everything I want or need except space for a piano !

Yes!! I have been researching this for years, it makes sense to me, but my mom thinks I have lost my mind LOL. I want to build my own someday, with solar enery panel and compost potty. I am looking at RV's to live in while I build after I find the property or trailer for a portable house. Been downsizing and purging stuff for a while now.

I'm constantly researching, trying to figure out how I could do it...

Watched many tiny home shows - after 20 years in a big house would have great difficulty downsizing to an apartment again. Couldn't do it.

I live in a tiny terraced one bed cottage in rural Suffolk. And I love it. But it has a lovely garden which is much more important than the size of the house

agreed except canada does not let you out the gate till mid may !

i think if i could have a double wide tiny house that would be awesome. I need very little, just my records and room for me and my dogs

I love the idea. I've watched many of the Tiny Home shows. I've already downsized twice in recent years, but would need to do so again to make something like that work.

i think I could do it, it would require some downsizing. I haven't found some place near Omaha that I could live in one.

I could, but I wouldn't want to.

If I didnt have my projects I could do it. I live in about a thousand square feet now

Have helped people convert train carriages into houses, am looking at tiny homes at the moment.

I thought of that for a cabin - some of the ones I have seen are very cool. As are shipping container houses...

[curbed.com]

Yes pics! That is what I would love so I could travel!

No. Too claustrophobic and my pool table wouldn't fit...

I had a 34' Airstream that I used for a cabin until I built a cabin on land I owned in Northern CA. On a nice day it was ok but not when the weather sucked. And that was a weekend place. No way I could live full time in a tiny house.

1000 sq. ft is small enough for me

That's a 34' Airstream and the adjoining cabin I built. When I bought the land, there was nothing, just a roughed in road. I couldn't see any other human habitation. I'd often not see another human from Friday night when I arrived and Sunday night when I left.

Honestly thinking about it since my wife decided to leave me for another man. Only problem is having enough space for my two kids

Dfox Level 4 May 27, 2018

Many cities are passing laws against these, there is a big effort to stop this.

It's like living in a camper. You can do it. I like space. To each his own. Theres nothing wrong with it.

If I can't fit a California King bed into a place, it's too small for me

I think I could? At least for like a year, not for a very long period like 3-5 yrs
Also depends on my surroundings. Nice parks, views, people and things to do
Interesting for sure and very liberating I bet
Being in love would help

I am thinking seriously about buying a builders trailer and constructing a vardo, to live on a piece of woodland i own. Now that's minimalist ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23279
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.