Agnostic.com

15 3

Toilet Paper direction perference?

Personally I prefer the one on the right (overhand/outside). Unfortunately, our boy cat also likes it and will sharpen his claws unrolling it to near the end fo the roll. So, I reluctantly put up with using the one on the left (underhand/inside), so the cat wont' unroll it.

Is there a reason for your toilet paper hanging preference?

• 2 votes
  • 20 votes
  • 5 votes
snytiger6 9 Nov 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wars have been started over this!

At my ex in-laws house they kept it hidden and each person had to bring in their own with them. He didn't know until after we were married that women need to use it to dry every time.. I always made sure to pee before we went there.

MsAl Level 8 Nov 28, 2018

I don't care as long as there is toilet paper.

Overhand is the proper way but cats or small children can make a mess.

I have had more than one cat unroll the paper by batting at it, the love to make it spin then play with it, think ball of yarn but more efficient... If they hit it just right the whole thing just unrolls itself in a big pile.

One of my favorite kid memories is my daughter at three when I surprised her by walking into the bathroom and caught her playing with the roll. She freaked out because she knew she was caught then watched in panicked horror as the while thing unrolled itself right in her lap. (and yes I will retell this whenever the question comes up because Im a mom and I think its hilarious ?)

MsAl Level 8 Nov 28, 2018

@Bierbasstard LOL... Hadn't heard of that one before.

I have never understood the obsession with the direction of a toilet paper roll.

I think for some peopel it is lioek something not put away in its proper place. People care to various extents, sometimes to the point of being OCD, and sometimes not at all.

I have a preference, but I dont' go nuts if it is turned the other way around. As long as there is some, and there is a sapre roll tht is easy to find in case the spool runs out. I am fine.

I actually have exact same cat factor as you do. So, I place it all around the bathroom, to keep my cats guessing.

Zster Level 8 Nov 28, 2018

Overhand is a lot easier to use or install in the holder.

That is my view too. However, as long as there is some there when I need it, I don't quibble much about how it is installed onto the dispenser.

As long as there's toilet paper within arm's length, I'm happy.

JimG Level 8 Nov 28, 2018

A good attitude. My cat thinks so too.

The Original Patent says "Over"...

Got a shitzu that eats TP like it’s fruit by the foot so it can’t be on the roller. ?

If I ever replace mine, I think I'll get a vertical holder. 😛

You's still have people fussing about whether it shold dispense right or left.

Just as long as it is within reach. That really is the important part of this situation.

If you’re a lady and have nails you end up scratching the wall if you use the underhand placement. It’s considered bad etiquette to place it that way as it makes it awkward for your guests.

On the right. No cat here.

I have a different type of animal here that likes to roll the toilet paper around his hand like a friggin' glove. We go through 80-100 rolls like it's water.

When I was young and trying to be different, I tried the "Freaks" method, but it wasn't as practical, so I switched back to the "normal folks" method.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:233191
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.