Agnostic.com

2 1

Darwin Day & 15 Questions...

phxbillcee 10 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't like links in posts that much, but I tried this one.....no way am I watching a 15-minute video, sorry

marga Level 7 Feb 12, 2018

Have you seen this statistic? It is a worry, how many people in the US don't believe in evolution. Well, maybe they looked at themselves and thought: "Uhm, don't think so. We are devolving. Going down the drain." [news.nationalgeographic.com]

Your link sent me to an error page! Guess me, or my PC, isn't evolved enough!!! LOL

@phxbillcee never mind. Wasn't a great link, and just had the US next to Turkey in the bottom of 30 nations, as to percentage of people "believing" in evolution. I find the term "believe" as fitting as believe in gravity or the solar system.

@ZebZaman I agree, belief should have nothing to do with it, but their religion gets in the way. Can you imagine how much further along we could be if religions & their institutions hadn't stifled progress so often?

@phxbillcee I don't know. I'm raised in a very intelectual, open minded catholic household. Some great uncle of mine who was a catholic priest was had Darwin's first edition "Origin of Species" on his shelf. Not typical, I admit. I believe it is the military industrial complex holding us back, but they have very cleverly put the horses of religion in front of their cart, both Christianity and Islam. Why I think Atheism is a fitting answer in this time. One can still hold onto the good of the christian, or Muslim tradition ... but get as far as one can from the dogmas and superiority and exclusive club nonsense.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23618
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.