Agnostic.com

8 6

QUESTION GOP leader flunks test on separation of church and state | MSNBC

I doubt many here are all that surprised about this...

snytiger6 9 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Douchenozzle.

I'm not surprised.

Scalese is typical of too damned many Republican politicians: Glibly roll patriotism, history, religion and political ideology together. It does not matter if it is accurate or true. A lot of uncritical and unreasoning people are going to buy it.

The press or media is no help anymore. They will report what peopel say, but no longer investigete to find out if what was said is actually true or not.

@snytiger6 Absp;utelu right. We badly need a free press with moral balls and with the financial support to do real investigative journalism.

@wordywalt The problem with the press and media is that we no longer enforce the laws against monopolies and trusts. Teh media has consolidated to where there are just 6 mega-corporations that provide 95% of all the news. That is not enough competition to keep it honest. They need to be broken up.

When religion is used as it is as a means to measure a politicians acceptance to represent, they all fail. It's quite hard for a Muslim to get elected to an office. Voicing publicly you're an atheist, is probably a death sentence in even more areas of the country. The false narrative this country was founded on christianity was a movement started shortly after the great depression. It was started to draw in a certain voter and type of people to bring a certain party back to power. I don't believe I need to mention that party. And it worked, sadly. And every politician makes it a point to get elected and stay elected. And most ignore their hypocrisies they commit of an almost daily basis.

Sad, but true...it makes me barf when I see the President trotting off to church. (Does Cheeto do this? I haven't seen it maybe he's afraid his 'hair' will catch on fire? )

@koshkamat I'm leaning towards his church being the golf course.

Hey, whatever wins he rubes' votes. None of these jackals gives a crap about religion. Hell, they are all having affairs or they are closet cases or they are kid-touchers.

I tend to agree that those who are the loudest and most moralistic are usually hiding something which they are trying to keep from becoming public knowledge.

Doesn’t surprise me.

When is there going to be a real Republican party again? We need viable competition. Has everyone over there drunk the koolade?

There is no mandate that any politician has to even heard of the constitution or have any understanding of our government at all to be elected.

Sadly, that is true. Politicians who are wholly unqualified can be elected. Just look at who is president.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23620
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.