Agnostic.com

52 10

Do you think your birth order has impacted your personality?

Do you have siblings? Where do you fall amongst them? Do you think your personality was influenced by birth order?

I'm an eldest child. Since I am 7 & 10 years older than my brothers, I had to take care of them often. I cooked dinner, gave them baths, did more than my share of babysitting. I think it has impacted my level of responsibility growing up. Being so much older, I never experienced sibling rivalry and didn't feel competitive with my brothers at all. I felt more like an Aunt than a sister sometimes.

I was also old enough to experience what it was like to be an only child. A bit spoiled early on-- and also given a lot of attention prior to my brothers being born. This attention was a good thing, in terms of helping me learn to read, swim, cook, etc... fairly young, as I had that sort of one-on-one mentor-ship from all members of my family.

silvereyes 8 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

52 comments (51 - 52)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was the oldest. Couldn't wait for my dad to go over seas. That was the best year of my life... me and my sister would of thrown a party if we were old enough. I think my life turned around when I saw the beautiful blond across the street that I gave a tip every day and realized someone else is going to be her man because I was working at a crappy service station. I did end up marrying her.... she was my first wife.

I am the eldest in the family and I broke the way for my sister and 65 cousins. I was the first to college,first to join military,First to marry outside the faith, first to move away from family. All of these had a large affect on me.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23756
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.