Agnostic.com

54 6

What are you here for?

It's been. week or so since I signed up on this, not sure what the point system is for but it doesn't seem to have taken me too long to reach level 5 for what ever that is worth.
But what are you here for? Dating? Find new friends? Meet people with similar religious/no-religious views? And how did you find it? A friend of mine pointed me here because we're both single.

ThomasLevi 6 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

54 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The beer & kicking ass. And we're almost out of beer.
..... Love that movie.

MikaB Level 5 Apr 3, 2018

I would say it's good for whatever you want. It's just a good site for meeting people from all over with different views and ideas and I learn from it. Sometimes it's good to just get your thoughts out there and not be judged for stating your opinion.

Interacting with fellow nonbelievers.

I came for finding a hot guy to laugh and go on trips with. I stayed because the discussion and people are so interesting.

Would really like to find a guy. But most of the guys here are too far away. And I guess I'm too old for the ones who are nearby. I can hold my own on most topics. No kids, no cats and sweet as a goddamn angel. Lovely manners, well-spoken, and somewhat witty (at least by half). I would also like to find female (or male/gay) friends. I have no family.

I've been on POF, Zoosk, OKCupid (best dating site), and even a couple of "alt" sites (I can't believe the stuff I didn't know!).

Most atheists are much younger than I am. I do prefer younger people because I've missed most of the "passages" my generation of women went through - raising kids (god, that really ages a woman (mentally), worshipping (and babysitting) grandkids, etc.. And, if my FB page is accurate, cooking very fattening recipes (and sending photos) or absorbed with home decorating. So I really don't have much in common with them. They've been married forever; I try to talk to my best friend about sex, and she tells me she doesn't want to hear it; her life is "focused" elsewhere.

I should have divorced my husband 10 years earlier; I'd be a hell of a lot more marketable.

Why am I here? To interact with similar minded people and enlighten (or enrage) the inevitable subversive theists trolls that make their ways into this arena. In the real world I have de-converted a few theists including a minister and, aside from the despair of the minister (religion is his job), I greatly enjoyed making the lives of others more rational. As for dating and/or finding new friends? Would be nice but I'm not holding my breath. Ran across this site by an add on Facebook.

I'd like to find someone. However, I do like the topics that are discussed. So I stay for that; ain't picked up anyone, yet.

to comfort myself that there are people like me out there. not many mind you but they do seem to be around this site in numbers

You guys are the bomb. I have three new words for my dictionaryalready; and you don't care about anything; age . nationality, sexual proclivities. Makes for great community.

You guys are the bomb. I have three new words for my dictionaryalready; and you don't care about anything; age . nationality, sexual proclivities. Makes for great community.

It's a blissful escape from Facebook. Here people actually think before posting.

It would be nice to meet local people to enlarge my circle fo friends. I am nto too cocerned about beign "single". I am happy. I don't need someone to feel "complete". If I do meet somone special it would enhance my life, but I don't need that to be happy.

So I come here to communicate with like minded people.

I was told that after I hit the highest level, I would be promoted to Admiral and be Lord Vadar's personal attache.

I live in New York city and I don't have any atheist friends. I don't even know any atheist at all. I know its my fault, since I don't go out to meet people.

I'm here to try to find a mate and I found it though an ad on Facebook. 🙂 I think it's GREAT! Even though I haven't had a date and had one nut write to me. But, oh well....

Found it through the Facebook add. Like most everyone else I came for a dating app but stayed because the community rocks.

FB shot itself in the foot when it sent me here. Not that I had much to add to FB anyway...

I came for commiseration with other non-religious folk. I stayed for the opportunity to talk about the kinds of things that interest me, using the kind of language that's natural to me--without being told not to be so "intellectual", because "people won't understand".

I'd rather be the dumbest person in the room. This site is a much better fit in that regard.

Found it on Facebook so am giving it a whirl. Nice to hang with like minded souls....er people rather. I may be wrong but wouldn't have thought any connection will go any further than here, either romantic or otherwise. I was also wondering about the points, having just passed the thousand I was thinking I may be on a par with Radogast the Brown?

If I have offended anyone with my comments just remember this is a place to really state what you feel without concern about being dispatched to the nether lands. Also if I have offended you, tough shit just deal with it.

Community and connection, and if anything else develops, great but no deal-breaker if it doesn't happen. Mainly I feel very safe, supported, and comfortable here, which is a great foundation for anything.

I needed a place to vent about how religions are controlling the world and getting rich in the process.
I am really afraid of our present of our government when we have a president who should have never been elected to the job in the first place; a vice-president who says jesus talks to him; a attorney general who never got of the 1800s; a congress that is so corrupt that it's unbelievable; a religion that is hell bent on ruling the world according to sharia law; an apathetic citizenry; a PC minded bunch of people that are offended at the least perceived infraction to their way of thinking. The list could go on and on. But the jest is that we have to change or be run over.
(P.S. hillary would have far worse.)

A bit of a laugh, in this fucked up world.

I'm here for the community. I found it on FB. I'm open to meeting people, but it's not why I joined or stayed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23779
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.