Agnostic.com

54 6

What are you here for?

It's been. week or so since I signed up on this, not sure what the point system is for but it doesn't seem to have taken me too long to reach level 5 for what ever that is worth.
But what are you here for? Dating? Find new friends? Meet people with similar religious/no-religious views? And how did you find it? A friend of mine pointed me here because we're both single.

ThomasLevi 6 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

54 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm here to engage in discussions with open minded people. I followed a link on FB to get her.

JimG Level 8 Feb 12, 2018

Here for community. Found the site through a Facebook ad.

All of the above.

I saw an ad for ‘getting to know fellow like minders’. There were not that many people here then, so posts were slow. But it was nice to not have to worry about having to see so many religious posts.

I’m single, but if there’s something I’ve learned in life, it is that love will come or it won’t. So, while I opted for the dating aspect, I’m just glad for the company.

I found this place very entertaining.

I'm here for the community, hang out with mostly like-minded people and have fun.
I found this place through a Facebook ad as well.

"Yes," to the first three proffered answers, and I found this website when a Morehead University prof colleague posted the link on Facebook.

I found the site through Facebook. I'm here because I feel surrounded by religious people (especially Christians) in my everyday life and sometimes need an outlet. I'm also here to meet people (online or otherwise) and reduce some of my feeling of alienation.

I want to copy this - it's concise!

I could not agree more with "...reduce some of my feeling of alienation." Hear hear!!

I joined primarily because I wanted to have contact with and exchange ideas and views with nonreligious people of all kinds, something that is hard for me to do regularly in the real world. The other things are secondary.

I'm here for a good time, not a long time…

You gain responsibility and more freedom as you level up.
You can approve other's posts so that Admin doesn't have to do all the work.
Also can see things some lower levels can't.
I believe the idea is if you put some effort in there are benefits.
Some folks come and sign up and never seem to post a thing - so either aren't coming back - or are lurking. And this seems like a site about engaging no matter your reasons for being here.

Saw an ad on Facebook. Came to give the site a checkout. Not interested in dating, as am married to a fine atheist woman. Interested in getting to know some freethinkers. Find the site to be very civil, with interesting topics to respond to.

I'm here to unload my thoughts and opinions on people who are likely to say positive things in return.

I got tired of all the name-calling and tribalism on FB.

A topic-based meeting place can morph into something unexpected. Connections are very unpredictable, and beyond our preconceptions. Some come to meet a particular someone, and in the process, gain understanding, while others might come to learn something new, and meet someone very special. Who knows what might happen?

I am here for the free cheesecake I was promised... to which I still have not seen 😟 Also the ad kept coming up on my Facebook and seeing facebook knows everything, I thought I would sign up and have a nosey, and now I can't stop blah blah blahing 😉

Sacha Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

You tell me when you are within my circle of power and you will get all the free cheesecake you want.

I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum. With all kidding aside, I'm here to find people with similar views of the world. Also, it wouldn't hurt to find someone to give my heart to.

Gohan Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

Purely to be canonized when I hit level 10 and ascend to heaven in a gold chariot accompanied by a choir of Ang....... What? Oh sorry, wrong forum. But the people here are really cool, the level of discussion is great.

I'm here with an open mind that is gratefully excepted and that means a lot to me. found it on farcebook

I'm here to comment on as many posts that end a sentence with a preposition as humanly possible!! I'm exhausted.

Joined looking for a date, found a great community.

Although dating or finding an eventual partner would be nice, I am here to hopefully find some friends for hanging out.

So far I have not made any as there are not a lot of people in my area that god hasn't co-opted but I am still having a good time with discussions.

I don't know really. I think it all began with sex.

All of the above....except the "similar religion".

I saw the ad on FB and thought I would check it out. I'm here for the community and I enjoy sharing my thoughts. It's been a blast so far and the people are fantastic. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Feb 13, 2018

Twice huh, have you got a stutter?

@Whathappensnow

Must have. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23779
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.