Agnostic.com

49 5

If you were given the chance, would you like to stay a certain age forever?

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

49 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1. Since I live in Vegas.

Great question...Reminds of me of one my favourite "kids" novels, "Tuck Everlasting". I have often asked this question of myself, and for me if I could be 28/29 again...I'd go for it. Most "great" people peak at this time; I certainly did. To still have hope, naiveness without all the worry lines I know possess (LOL!) would be great, I think.

I plan to live forever. So far, so good.????

Hmmm yes about 32 or so

Age of Adeline married to her

Nope... I want to get old and die. Think about working forever. Having to diet all the time...ugh!

I was probably at my physical peak condition at age 33. I'd liek to have stayed in that condition, but not so sure about the rest.

Nope. I don't want to die right now but I don't want to live forever

Yes. I am currently 66. I would love to turn back time, but am absolute POSITIVE that I would no be a day younger than 40!

I think I'd like to keep the body of my middle-thirties. I was in great shape, I was kind of cute, I still thought life could work out, I could climb a flight of stairs without passing out, I could eat a doughnut without suddenly shredding my pants, and I didn't need farm implements just to get me out of the tub after a bath.

But I'd like to keep the learning stuff. The things I've picked up in the years since have been pretty valuable. I feel like if I had all that when I was in my thirties, my life would be so different than it is now.

Me, I'd like to be the age I am, 52 and retired, with the knees I had at 28.

No. I hope for a long, healthy, life and I wish the average human life span were at least double what it is; but I have no desire whatsoever to live forever--either in this world or in afterlife. Life is precious and has meaning because it is rare, and because it comes to an end.

Nope. I'm currently 43 and I have found each age seems to come with both good and bad things. I feel like I'm in a really, really good place right now. But I'm also looking forward to being an empty nester next year. Possibly moving half way across the country. I love life now but am also looking forward to what adventures lie ahead.

No. I want to be able to die.

Nope. As much as it sometimes sucks because of the natural onset of aches and pains, I wouldn't change my age progression for anything.

If I had to pick I'd say this age. Forty looks good on me, and heck it's still kinda young. I'm salty, old, and pretty at the same time..lol

I'd like me 19 year old body back, but with my 47 year old brain.

Every time I take one of those, How old are you? tests online it determines that I'm perpetually 25, I'm OK with that. I have more wisdom now that I'm older but I'm not as cynical as some people my age.

I want the whole experience of being Human.

Depends on what is meant. If you mean that I could physically be 30 yrs old, and not age further, that would be nice, as long as I could continue to learn, and mature mentally.

If I could choose, I'd start over at 21, so I could do everything, like drink legally, and go back to the eighties, when I was a dancer. I'd live in my station wagon again, travel all over, this time realizing what a gift youth and beauty, and perfect health is, use it to my advantage, avoid all the heartache and mistakes I've made, and live to be about 72.

Absolutely not..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23826
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.