Agnostic.com

27 2

You are attracted... but then?

Have you ever seen a picture of someone and found them very attractive only to find out later they were the same sex as you?
Your reaction was...
A-intrigued
B-horified
C-confussed
D-excited
E-neutral

#sex
ThomasLevi 6 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What is confussed?

I would think that in most cases you would be able to tell from the picture.

F - giggle!

I know women are hot. I just do not want to be in a relationship with one I've met to date.

Hmmm... none of the above. Say I see someone that moves in a way that looks like a woman walking, they have a nice body from behind and that animal part of my brain says, oh, hey! And then they turn around and they're a guy... my reaction is, 'dang, that's a dude. no interest there.' and that's pretty much the end of it for me. I don't have any internal conflict or doubt of my sexuality. I'm simply not interested in men and won't ever be. No reason to get worked up for thinking someone is attractive... you're allowed to think someone is physically attractive without feeling the need to fuck them or question your sexuality. Just my tuppence.

Another phrasing might be "Have you ever been sexually attracted to someone to find out they aren't the sex you are usually attracted to?".
Granted there is still room for error in this..... because Bi-sexuals etc....

I posed the question because it is becoming more often that I am not always immediately sure whether someone is male or female. I've said more than once "She's very pretty" and had it pointed out that it wasn't a she. And there have been times I thought it was a he that turned out to be a she.
It seems more common for people to find the grey area in their sexuality that their presented orientation is not always clear cut.
And I suppose I didn't need to specify "picture".

I had a friend in college who was female but had very narrow hips she got "Young man?" a lot. So confusion well it's part of life.

Well I'm a woman, with a GF.... So excited.

That is exciting, guys are so easy to please.

I've honestly never had that experience I don't think, sure I would have remembered lol

A&E. I'm intrigued by androgynous females. I like the look. But my sexy days are over, so it's all academic for me at this point.

Sexy days are never over, Just ask Dr. Ruth.

Androgynous females are the most attractive females in a "she's hot" kind of way, to me (i.e. Rachel Maddow and Samira Wiley - without makeup and long hair).

For other attractive females it's more like "she's beautiful" to me.

Intrigued - definitely.

Now I ain't no gay or nuttin but I do admit that Gene Hackman was quite fetching in that movie The Birdcage. Huh, now that I think about I might be a big ole C.

😉

Well, finding someone attractive doesn't necessarily mean sexually. I find many men attractive and I am as straight as they get.

EXACTLY what my initial comment was about.

Definitely D..yes D...of course D!

Guys who hit on me always apologies when I say I'm not gay and I tell them "not at all, I'm thrilled anyone finds me attractive"

@ThomasLevi That's cool. 🙂 How many times have we all heard (especially those of us in the south) "Maaaan, if some dude made a pass at me, I'd........" Nauseating.

E- beautiful people are just that. I'm comfortable enough in my sexuality to say that I think another man is attractive.

Bravo, me to.

I guess E, although I wouldn't say so much neutral (which would suggest no reaction either way) so much as interested - I find both/all genders attractive because it is based largely on the person themself (although physical traits do attract me as well, ultimately it's about who that person is) so if I find a person attractive, and I think that person is male, and I find out later that person is female, I would react (therefore not really 'neutral'😉 but my reaction would be neither negative nor positive, just one of interest as in "Oh, that's something I didn't realize about that person before"

E

I'm attracted to a lot of people that I would not contemplate having sex with. The sex of the person isn't the problem though, it's the age. I have a HUGE issue with having sex with someone that is younger than my oldest son.

Why do some people find it so difficult to separate "Finds attractive" from "Wants to have sex with?" I find lots of women attractive, but know what's in their underwear precludes any sexual interest on my part.

There are plenty of reasons why you might not want to have sex with someone you find attractive. Genital incompatibility is only one of them. So why make such a big deal out of it?

E. Maybe a little disappointed. lol

Does that happen a lot?

It seems to happen more often, more and more people are finding the grey area in their sexuality so that it does not always appear to be so clear cut, which to be honest, I kind of like.

What about F - disappointed

A I guess

I can find men attractive but not sexually attractive Bradley Cooper attractive but wouldn't sleep with him . Confused at first then proud of myself for being so mature about it

Yes he is!

F Embarrassed, a dancer with an international all male revue, low cut see through top, long legs, blonde called Christopher.

now I thought you'd like that pmsl

E. My favorite movie is Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. It takes place in Australia and follows the fortunes and misfortunes of a travelling transvestite show.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23834
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.