How many times a day do you suddenly think to yourself "I'm happy"
A - never
B - very rarely
C - once a blue moon
D - occasionally
E - fairly often

ThomasLevi 6 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

52 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

E: But I like my grumpy persona

fairly often, I think that is because I live in a pretty much no hassle housing scheme; 26 flats, we pretty much are all getting on , so we are "all 'getting on!" I also have a wonderful partner who lives above me and is sweet and kind and we share chores and look after each other - Yes I may moan at times but life is good.

That sounds WONDERFUL, Jacpod.

I suffer depression but nothing can change that but I'm fairly happy.

Being in nature helps

I agree as do other things. I was so much worse before

@LeighShelton and the color green. Is green soothing because nature is green? Or is nature green because it is so soothing? IDK. IDC. It just is.

I too suffer from depression. I've been really good for several years thanks to a wonderful psychiatrist! Praise the universe. Overall I'm a bubbly person. I hate that term but it fits me pretty well. Hope you have a good support system!

my fish and dogs and my art help a lot and I stopped drinking, smoking and weed under a very good psychiatrist like you @Marcie. as for green yes your right @EllenDale as winter in a temperate zone just makes everything worse. I come alive in spring with the fresh growth, birds and insects.

@LeighShelton three weeks after Dec. 21, to the day, I feel as if the sun came out, I'm on uppers and I've had great sex. I didn't, but the days are longer and I feel GREAT! Come fall, I feel it in August. I heard Britain is geay a lot . I'd hate that. Such a nothing color! Having an all-season light might help. Hope this helps or come here. Girls would LOvE you!

@LeighShelton shar peis! Gorgeous dogs! What kind of fish is that? I used to have Siamese fighting fish, blue

@LeighShelton your art is great. I admire people who can do things I can't

yes, its very grey and everything seems dead here @EllenDale. id love to come over there but my life is here sadly and my dogs which I'm not locking in prison/kennels. the fish is a giant gourami. thanks about the art x x

@LeighShelton Grey is depressing, and the rain I see on TV shows (not necessarily accurate) would make my arthritis painful. Yes, we can't lock our family in prisons or kennels! Although I have a few family members I wouldn't mind locking up somewhere far away, lol.

well you can't choose your family @EllenDale

Oh, you make it easy: E
When my blood sugar is where it is supposed to be (how did that happen?)
When I realize I did not take any painkillers for the last three days
When I see a fellow gardener and she says :come on over in May and I'll give as many Dahlia tubers as you want."
When I have dreams about the past.
When I listen to the blues..

I wish I had your neighbor!!! Love Dahlias!

@BlueWave Her name is Audrey. She and I share our passion for English roses. She lives on "Snob Hill"( not the real address) and is very well to do. I am the poor but cheerful one. Her Dahlias are magnificent. She provides individual blooms for the teller stations at our Credit Union, so I know her collection. Can't wait to pick up the tubers.

E. Some folks say that I am too happy. I have all that I need for my happiness and enjoy life on my own terms.

This and I would add, all things considered, life could not be much better.

I'm not unhappy. I like homeostasis, being on an even keel. I'm not in the heights, but not down in the dumps. Its a comfy place. I know for every height of happiness I will descend below the line, so lets just avoid the drama and be comfy.

I'm not sure I know what happiness is anymore. All work, no play. I only know when I'm accomplishing something.

Perhaps you will find happiness in your accomplishments. In my professional career I worked around the clock. I was very happy in the doing and in a sense my work ceased to be work at all. I am retired now and don't know how I did it, but it has paid off quite well. Hopefully, your efforts will result in good things too.

@Dwight Thanks, Dwight! I hope I'm as successful as you've been. I'm happy with my work. I love what I do. It only hurts when I stop. 🙂

Very often.

B. But I honestly never really think about it. I'm a kind of person who is neutral I guess. It's weird.

Not happy, not sad, but I am drunk! That counts for something!

I don’t feel all that happy. But if you tell me to go to church to find happiness, I’m gonna get even more unhappy.

E. The blues get me from time to time but I'm accused of being a relentless optimist often enough that I suspect I'm happier than most.

E

Pretty much any time I am not listening to the news!

Both of my parents died last year which is not a happy thing but overall I have a happy life. My family, my work and my leisure activities all combine to give me a happy life.

E

C. I feel at times like I want to move into another dimension.

Yeah, I get that sometimes to.

Does content with bouts of happy count?
I think I wabble between D and E depending on what's going on. I'm generally one of those that believes stuff is going to happen so no use being unhappy about it. Learn to deal with it rather than curse it when it happens. However I do get terribly unhappy with certain people in my life who don't seem to be happy unless they are in the middle of making things more difficult than they have to be. Every once in a while I go through a little spell of unhappy for that reason. It tends not to last that long though.

AmyLF Level 7 Feb 14, 2018

@ThomssLevi And what about you?

I am essentially very happy. I am very often struck by the fact that I ofter feel an overwhelming happiness based on nothing other than perhaps being content.
So much so that I did a video about it.

E) with myself, my choices, my preferences, my solitude. The only cloud is encroaching back problems from playing professional softball when it was only a company league. It's what @witchymom said. It's in the background, but always there.

B. Very rarely. But I have severe depression, so...

E, but I like to avoid doing or saying anything that will detract from my nasty old man GET OFF MY LAWN image. 😀

I am now..just finished my coffeeeeee!

Fairly often. Most of the time, really. Happiness is a choice, and a journey. I choose to be happy, and I work at it, therefore I am happy most of the time. I have depression/anxiety, and on my bad brain days I don't feel happy - but I AM still happy, I just can't access it. I know it's there, and I know depression lies, and I get through and then I'm happy again. It's not about your circumstances, it's about what you do w/ them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23836
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.