How many times a day do you suddenly think to yourself "I'm happy"
A - never
B - very rarely
C - once a blue moon
D - occasionally
E - fairly often

ThomasLevi 6 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

52 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sure! Happiness, just like sadness, is a continuum. I seem to sklide back and forth. Being really, really happy usually involves beer and herbs.

B. Anything more involves whiskey

F - nearly all the time

Considering I ran 1--% A for 17 years, I am thrilled to say the last five months or so have been E 85% of the time.

Hard won joy rocks because once you get it it's hard to shake.

B. Which is not to say that I'm UNhappy, just that I'm not often that emotionally labile. When I'm happy I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, and when I'm unhappy, I tell myself, "this, too, shall pass". Emotions are transient, and I have to function regardless of what they are. Besides, life being as absurd as it is ... I never know whether to laugh or cry.

The stuff I'm disappointed with in life ... if I dwelt on it I'd just get depressed. The stuff I'm happy with ... I know it can be taken from me at any moment, for any reason or for no reason. I don't get invested either way.

I very often catch myself smiling for no apparent reason and realizing that I am simply happy because I am content with my life. I have enough good people and few bad people so that my balance always seems to be on the plus side.

Pretty much any time I am not listening to the news!

I am generally happy but never give a regular check on it.

I would say D - occasionally. I have some problems with mental illness; otherwise, I'd be an E.

Please read up on posting polls.

E, but never about everything. I remain calm, and am upbeat, but am not ecstatic 24\7

F - always

skado Level 9 Feb 13, 2018

D lately (E is my usual setting). The recent unexpected passing of my father, continuing psych issues with my 20YO child, and near constant threats from my boss's boss at work have been combining to bring me down much of the time. I still manage to find sporadic uplifting moments, though.

Zster Level 8 Feb 13, 2018

Honestly, at the moment, my answer is B. My normal is between a D and an E, and hoping to get back to that level. Losing someone had spiraled me down to an A. It may take a while to get back to my old self. 😟

B - I am almost perpetually happy at this stage of my life, but I don't much analyze my moods or state of mind. I'm just in the moment, far as I know. Whether I'm laughing or crying, it's just an expression of emotion. Interestingly enough, if I'm extremely angry, I do try to stop and analyze it. The situation almost never warrants such a strong reaction from me.

E - Things may not be exactly where I'd like, but that just reminds me I have a goal to reach. This hasn't always been my mentality though. I used to be a salty little brat, that would only complain about what/where I was in life. Then I turned 22, and found his Holiness, the FSM. And life is just collanders and almost spaghetti now.

I'd say E, but it's more.about contentment and well-being. I can still feel down, but it's all part of the deal of being alive.

I am very fucking Happy. Because... I can. And when I need a boost I know where to go and find worse misery than what I ever experienced. So to know I don't know what bottom is makes me grateful for where I am.

Considering our man-made reality built upon people utilizing their rights of alternate realities to enlist new laws so their country can mimic that of their so-called reality, I'm going to say E.

I've got a fairly sunny disposition, unless I'm aggravated. I'm a realist, but I do try to see the upside of things. It's much easier to be cheerful than dour. Small humans and dogs are both good for accomplishing a positive mood.
My answer is E.

E- can't be happy if you're never sad.

Define happy.

A .Content but never happy

Damn right I am buddy, I'm going to HEAVEN. Unfortunately not until I die.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23836
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.