Agnostic.com

8 16

Thanks for your encouragement! Got it done.

Today I finished the Christmas stocking for my son-in-law Matt. Thank you, friends, for all of your encouragement!

Matt's name turned out well, after all. This morning, I fixed some of the letters, softening transitions from thick to thin with embroidery thread.

To make the curve of beads, I strung beads on a piece of thread, and hung the thread from the upper corners of the Christmas stocking. Ex-husband Terry, an artist, showed me this trick.

Matt will love it.

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well done! I’m sure Matt will be thrilled with your handy work.

Beautiful, I know he’ll appreciate it very much.

@Green_eyes

Thank you so much!

Beautiful homemade crafts bring beautiful Smiles home

Nicely done but I would have used a sharpie

Nicely done!

Its wonderful, and the t's look great!

MsAl Level 8 Dec 7, 2018

@MsAl

Muchas gracias! I tried to make the "t's" flow visually.

Nicely done! Good job on that “a”. Had to be tricky. This will make Claire and Matt happy ❤️?❤️?

@BobbyZen

You are right. The "a" was maddening to embroider. After I finished the last "t," I went back to the "a" and softened awkward transitions from thick to thin.

"Artists do that with paint," Terry said.

Thank you for your kind words.

see? Turned out really nice! I like the bead additions...

@thinktwice

Thank you! I added a few of the beads to my red moccasins, too.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:239179
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.