Agnostic.com

78 6

Cremation or burial for your funeral?

I found this interesting link about the confessions of a funeral director and a pastor’s disagreement about the cremation of the body. I found it to be quite hypocritical, considering the history of all the victims being burned by the church in history.

[calebwilde.com]

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

78 comments (76 - 78)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Cremation

I'm having a cremation and my ashes will be spread out in the ocean off Norfolk for fish food. With any luck I might come back as a whale. hahahahahaha.

Planning a "green burial." One of my friends owns some land in the country. There is a cemetery that only has two burials – infants who died around 1860. A green burial means just like those children were buried. Dig a hole at least 3 feet deep and roll my earthly remains back into the earth. The funeral industry has a powerful lobby, but some type of green burial is allowed in most states. Further info: greenburialcouncil.org.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23938
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.